We won’t deny that you have left it a little late, but if you’re on the hunt for last-minute gifts today, here are a few ideas.
Take it as read
You can never go wrong with a pretty coffee-table book, and this tome, 100 Contemporary Fashion Designers by Taschen, is a definite winner. A comprehensive overview of fashion design at the start of the 21st century, this is a gift for all those stylish cats in your life.
• 100 Contemporary Fashion Designers, Dh140, Taschen at Cities, Galleria Mall, Dubai
Jotty and spotty
This set of Good Ideas notebooks features two single-lined books, one covered in polka dots, the other in a grid pattern, with a centrefold that reads “Are you having fun?” They’re the perfect gift for the writers and thinkers in your life.
• Good Ideas notebook set, Dh70, www.namshi.com Borders and Virgin Megastores across the UAE
His and hers
Here’s something for that special couple in your life. This pair of silicone covers will ensure that their drinks stay cold, whatever the weather, and that they never get confused about whose drinks is whose.
• Kate Spade drink cozy set, Dh129, Virgin Megastores across the UAE
For inexpensive but awesome gifts and stocking fillers, head to Typo – we promise that you won’t leave empty-handed. For a friend with a good sense of humour, try this simple Quote candle.
• Quote candle, Dh59, Typo, Dubai Mall, Boxpart, Al Wasl Road and City Centre Me’aisem, Dubai
For friends who are big kids at heart, invest in these Wanderer headphones. Intended for people on the go, a collapsible design means they can be easily folded up – the Mickey Mouse motif is just an added bonus.
• Wanderer headphones, Dh79, Typo