Not every child star makes it big - here are six who didn't succeed in Bollywood.
Six Bollywood star kids who didn’t deliver
1. Esha Deol - daughter of yesteryear poster boy Dharmendra and ‘Dream Girl’ Hema Malini. She bears a striking resemblance to her beautiful mother, but that’s about it, really
2. Mahaakshay - son of the disco legend Mithun Chakraborty and the gorgeous Yogita Bali. Mahaakshay was launched in a film titled Jimmy (named after Mithun’s character in the 1981 hit Disco Dancer). It was a *maha-flop (*Maha means ‘super’)
3. Rinke Khanna - daughter of superstar Rajesh Khanna and 1970s siren Dimple Kapadia. Rinke’s sister Twinkle just about managed an acting career in Bollywood, eventually marrying top dog Akshay Kumar. As for Rinke, last we heard, she was dabbling in candle-making
4. Uday Chopra - brother of producer Aditya Chopra and son of the legendary filmmaker, the late Yash Chopra. Uday is best known for his role in the Dhoom franchise as the singularly annoying Ali, sidekick of police officer Jai (played by Abhishek Bachchan, who’ll soon find himself on this list if he doesn’t make some intelligent career choices pronto). Uday, what if they don’t make any more Dhoom movies? Something to chew on, we think
5. Tusshar Kapoor - son of the groovy Jumpin’ Jack Jeetendra (so named because of his energetic - some might say alarming - dance style). His sister Ekta is a successful television producer, but Tusshar has a thing for starring in mindless comedies. Examples are the Golmaal films, which probably did so well because he doesn’t have any lines in either
6. Rajeev Kapoor - son of one of Bollywood’s founding fathers, Raj Kapoor, and uncle to current heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor. OK, we’ve cheated a bit here because Rajeev’s star burnt out way back, but his was a particularly dismal career. Well, except for the film Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985) - but now, of course, you’re thinking of Mandakini in that infamous bathing-under-waterfall sequence. What a legacy to be stuck with, Rajeev