Fast & Furious 7 is going ahead, but there will be delays in filming following the death of its star Paul Walker at the weekend.
Fast & Furious 7 seems a go
Production on Fast & Furious 7 will be delayed after the death of its star Paul Walker at the weekend, but the project is moving ahead, sources have told The Hollywood Reporter.
Universal Pictures has not commented on the future of the latest instalment of its franchise, which is due for release in July.
On Sunday, Twofour54’s chief executive Noura Al Kaabi said it was too early to tell what might happen with the Abu Dhabi portion of the production. Scenes were shot in the capital last month, as part of the emirate’s 30 per cent rebate scheme, with Twofour54’s production arm Intaj serving as the UAE producer. The crew and cast – including Walker – were due back in the capital for more shooting next month. Investigators have said speed was a factor in the crash that killed Walker, but that it would take time to determine how fast the car was going. The crash also killed Walker’s friend Roger Rodas, according to Walker’s publicist. Walker was a passenger in the 2005 red Porsche Carrera GT when they drove away from a fundraiser. According to those at the event, he had only planned to go for a short ride. “The last words Paul said to anybody were: ‘Hey, I’ll be back in five minutes. All right?’ And that was it,” according to Jim Torp, one attendee. Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter. – Associated Press