DUBAI // Two of the three men arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a British-Iranian businessman appeared in court on Wednesday.
The two Iranians, K and NA, appeared behind closed doors so a judge could renew their detention.
The judge discussed with them the kidnapping allegations they face, which they denied.
The men were both handcuffed, blindfolded and were being aided by two men in civilian clothes.
They were taken separately to a judge’s office and the judge ordered that their detention period be renewed for 30 more days.
The three men were arrested last week in relation to the disappearance of Abbas Yazasanpanah Yazdi, A Briton of Iranian origin who owns a public trade company in Bur Dubai.
He has been missing since June 25, when he was last seen leaving his office supposedly for a business trip to Fujairah.
Mr Yazdi’s belongings were found in a house rented by one of the suspects, believed to be the gang’s leader, police said.
The authorities are still trying to find Mr Yazdi, reported the state news agency Wam last week.
Relatives and friends believed Mr Yazdi, a 44-year-old father-of-two, was taken from the UAE to Iran.
A London-based Iranian opposition figure said he believed Mr Yazdi had been kidnapped to gather evidence against Mehdi Hashemi Rafsanjani, who was arrested after being accused of inciting unrest after the re-election in 2009 of the now former president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.