Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather insists the one-year layoff since his last fight will not diminish his chances next week when he returns to the ring to face compatriot Robert Guerrero.
The 36-year-old, who boasts a 43-0 record as a professional, goes into the bout in Las Vegas on May 4 knowing it will be 12 months since his decision victory over Miguel Cotto.
Since then, the fighter has spent two months in jail for a domestic battery charge - but the fighter, who recently signed a six-fight deal with broadcaster Showtime, does not expect his enforced absence to impact on his chances.
"Of course I feel unbeatable. I'm in the sport where I'm the best," he said last night. "I'm not going into the fight thinking I'm beatable."
"It (prison) was just an obstacle that was in my way. I'm happy to be home. There's nothing cool about losing your freedom. Freedom is extremely important."
Mayweather has fought just four times since December 2007, but will now face up to six fights in 30 months as part of the new TV deal - which he hinted may be his last.
"I only have 30 months left," he said. "After this fight I've got five more fights. That's all I have got to do, finish putting those stamps on my legacy. I just want to stay active, go out there and keep the fans happy.
"I don't know yet (if I will retire). I don't know. By 30 months, I'll be pretty close to 40. It might be time to get out of the sport. We have to see how these next six fights play out.
"I want to stay active. The busier I am the better it is for me."
Guerrero, meanwhile, believes his opponent will be feeling the physical impact of his layoff.
"It has been his longest training camp in a long time," he said.
"Being a whole year's layoff, he's going to feel the punches. We're going after him the whole fight.
"It's going to take a little time to shake that ring rust off."
Follow us @SprtNationalUAE