Two quarterbacks who have made uncertain starts to the NFL season go head-to-head in Dallas tonight. The Cowboys' Tony Romo had a passer rating of just 29.6 in last week's 33-31 home defeat to the New York Giants - where he completed just 13 of 29 passes and threw three interceptions - while the Carolina Panthers' Jake Delhomme began the season by making just seven completions and throwing four interceptions against Philadelphia. Delhomme was better last week against Atlanta, but the Panthers (0-2) still lost, and defeat tonight would leave hopes of another trip to the play-offs in tatters. At least Delhomme should get some more time to pass tonight, with the Cowboys (1-1) still looking for their first sack of the season. Meanwhile, the Dallas attack could also rely more on Romo than in the first two weeks with their running back Marion Barber likely to be rested due to a thigh injury.
- Western Conference hopefuls Warriors, Rockets down East leaders Pacers, Heat
- ‘Rim looked like an ocean for him’ says Heat coach as LeBron James scores 61
- Reports of San Antonio Spurs demise, once again, prove greatly exaggerated
- Silver, Cuban acknowledge it’s time for D League to take on greater role
- Novelty of outdoor ice hockey Stadium Series risks wearing thin in NHL
- St Louis Blues’ move for Miller shows planning with the NHL play-offs in mind
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Pellegrini happy Manchester City’s players are building trust in his system
- Brendan Rodgers wants memorable matches to become a common fixture for Liverpool
- In pictures: World Cup 2014 preview with international friendlies
- Sky blue is the limit for success at Manchester City’s academy
- India addresses taxing issue
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Dubai civic chief calls for tough curbs on car ownership
- Emirati teachers threaten to resign over new pay scale
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
Milena Martinou is finding a way to get in her fitness kicks
Milena Martinou has a degree in finance and she does not have an aggressive streak. Remember that as she co-headlines Fight Night on Friday night at Du Forum on Yas Island.
Pellegrini happy Manchester City’s players are building trust in his system
Manuel Pellegrini, the Manchester City manager, took some time out of his schedule to explain his ethos on youth development at the Premier League club to The National's Ali Khaled.
Ernst Oertel back on pole for UAE trainer’s title
Ernst Oertel regained the lead in the UAE trainer’s championship from Musabah Al Muhairi after saddling a double at the Al Ain Racecourse.
Junior dos Santos confident he can turn around Dubai club
Junior dos Santos, the 10th new man on the job in the Arabian Gulf League this season, is optimistic as he takes over floundering Dubai club.
Test of tactics for Spurs’ Sherwood against Chelsea master Mourinho
Either Sherwood has developed rapidly as a tactician over his four months in the job, or he was deliberately playing with a cavalier freedom in his opening games to purge the club of Villas-Boas’s persnickety-ness.
Circle of influence has become complete at Barcelona for Carles Puyol
If the Catalans were the only ones the central defender wanted to play for, he impressed all for 19 uninterrupted years at the club, writes Andy Mitten.