The first round of the 2009 World Superbike series (WSB) sees Noriyuki Haga take 45 points from the two races at the Phillip Island circuit in Australia.The competition for the title is stronger than ever with several riders in contention to win the championship this season.In contrast the MotoGP series, often seen as the premier of the two competitions, is less competitive. Which is the better of the two classes?
- Real Madrid put Champions League holders on the brink
- Mohammed ben Sulayem backs Emirati driver Mohammed Al Sahlawi
- Plan B to save weak teams in Formula One
- Hearing for jockey Cosgrave’s appeal against ban set for next week
- All-round Ravindra Jadeja destroys Rajasthan Royals
- Familiar foes now await Al Jazira in Asian Champions League
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- In pictures: Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale train with Real Madrid
- ‘Now the game of our lives is at Stamford Bridge’ says Mourinho after Chelsea, Atletico draw
- Parthiv continues to fill Gayle’s big shoes for Bangalore
- ‘I don’t think the criticism of Arsene has been fair’ says Ljungberg of Wenger
- Carlo Ancelotti and Louis van Gaal the early hot names in Manchester United manager search
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
- FNC member says unmarried UAE women creating ‘financial burden’
Asian Five Nations: UAE go into rebuilding mode in Division 2
With a new look squad, including five emerging Emirati players, the UAE will hope to restructure and get into the winning habit in more forgiving climes when they drop a level in the revamped competition next season.
In pictures: Chelsea lock horns with Atletico in scoreless Champions League draw
Chelsea held Atletico Madrid scoreless at home on Tuesday as the two will head to Stamford Bridge for a winner-take-all second leg.
Parthiv continues to fill Gayle’s big shoes for Bangalore
Indian wicketkeeper-batsman will continue to open the innings for Royal Challengers with the West Indian still nursing his bad back, writes Paul Radley.
Ian Poulter sees momentum in Europe’s squad-building, with Ryder
Lot of players are striking well to stay in contention for the 12 spots in the team, but there is still lot of time before September, he warns.
UAE Strongman Competition takes weight training to a whole new scale
Two-day competition in Dubai attracts men and women from across the Emirates and proves it takes more than just bulky muscles to win, writes Ali Khaled.
Ambitious Benfica ready for Juventus while Sevilla and Valencia set to battle in Europa last-four
Benfica, fresh off clinching their 33rd Portuguese title, are looking to keep Juventus from reaching the Europa League final - which will be played in Turin - while the other semi-final sees La Liga rivals Sevilla and Valencia clash.