West Ham's decision to settle out of court with Sheffield United over the Carlos Tevez affair could prompt Neil Warnock to pursue a personal compensation claim, says the former Blades boss. The Hammers agreed an undisclosed fee with the Championship club on Monday, believed to be in the region of £25 million (Dh129m), following the latter's relegation from the Premier League on the final day of the season in 2007. Warnock, now in charge of Crystal Palace, said he had been awaiting the outcome of the verdict before considering whether to pursue a claim against the East London club, insisting that without the Argentine striker's form, which ultimately kept West Ham up and sent United down, he would still be a top-flight manager. The 60-year-old told The Daily Mail: "I'll be looking into this now. I just wanted to see the club's case out of the way first." "As far as I'm concerned, I should still be a Premier League manager. And I think the players have a case, too." West Ham were fined £5.5m by the Premier League for failing to fully disclose the terms of the deal that brought Tevez and Argentinian compatriot Javier Mascherano to England. Warnock resigned three days after the club's relegation. Referring to the settlement, Warnock continued: "It justifies what we've said all along. We've had a lot of people criticise us for taking it this far ? but that's what justice is all about. But this still doesn't make it right for me or the United fans ? or anyone else involved." Warnock also lambasted the Premier League chief Richard Scudamore for his part in proceedings, insisting he should have resigned for his handling of the case and that a club with a higher profile would have been treated differently. "I think Scudamore is an absolute disgrace," added Warnock. "I'd love to get him in a room on my own for an hour, no holds barred. "If it was any other club, Scudamore would have made sure the facts came out. I find it amazing that he has kept his job. If it had been a big club, the truth would have come out earlier and it would have been sorted." A joint investigation by the Premier League and Football Association into the Tevez and Mascherano signings is ongoing.