The United States play Mexico in the final of the Concacaf Gold Cup tomorrow. The two-time defending champions US reached the final, which will be played in New Jersey, with a 2-0 victory over Honduras thanks to goals from Clarence Goodson and Kenny Cooper. Mexico needed penalties to beat Costa Rica in their semi-final. The sides were level at 1-1 after 120 minutes, but Mexico won the shoot-out 5-3 to set-up a repeat of the 2007 final. email@example.com
- Late strike puts Al Jazira on verge of qualifying for the last 16 of Asian Champions League
- Asian Cup expanding to 24 football teams in 2019
- Time is almost up for Barcelona ahead of Copa del Rey
- Match-fixing’s persistence illustrates need for football to examine relationship with gambling
- Carlos Tevez denies reports of rift with Lionel Messi keeping him out of Argentina squad
- Kroos to turn down potential Manchester United offer to stay at Bayern
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Amir Khan says bout with Luis Collazo ‘will steal the show’ in Las Vegas on May 3
- In pictures: Shah Rukh Khan stars at IPL Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi
- In pictures: Barca play a little rugby before Copa del Rey final
- Atletico’s Diego Simeone cannot stop Diego Costa move to Chelsea
- Bring IPL here again, says Sheikh Nahyan
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- Reduce speed limit buffer on UAE roads, experts urge
- Finishing touches to luxury Fortnum and Mason shop in Dubai
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
Late strike puts Al Jazira on verge of qualifying for the last 16 of Asian Champions League
All to play for across East Asia during final round of group phase.
Man City’s Manuel Pellegrini says Vincent Kompany is an important player
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini defends team captain and talks about team's injuries ahead of clash with Sunderland at home on Wednesday night.
Asian Cup expanding to 24 football teams in 2019
As part of a regional shake-up, the 2019 Asian Cup will climb to 24 teams but next month’s Challenge Cup in the Maldives will be the last, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced.
Competitors at Abu Dhabi Junior World Jiu-Jitsu Championship target world domination
All of Wednesday’s winners at the tournament, being held in the UAE capital, are ambitious enough to target a black belt and reach the pinnacle of the sport, Amith Passela reports.
Kallis kicks off IPL 7 with fifty as Kolkata thrash Mumbai
South African legend shows class is permanent as Knight Riders beat defending champions by 41 runs. Osman Samiuddin reports from Abu Dhabi.
Amir Khan says bout with Luis Collazo ‘will steal the show’ in Las Vegas on May 3
British-Pakistani boxer Amir Khan says his fight with Luis Collazo will be the main attraction on same fight card led by Floyd Mayweather Jr and Marcos Maidana, writes Omar Al Raisi.