Brazil winger Michel Bastos is set to complete his EU8m move to Pro League champions Al Ain in the next few days. Read our full story here.
Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, has hit out at Newcastle's attempts to land striker Andy Carroll on the cheap - saying he would need to be a 'nutcase' to consider resurrecting their loan offer.
The striker's future has been a major talking point since Rodgers took over at Anfield earlier this summer - with West Ham, AC Milan and Newcastle all linked with moves for the England forward.
But Newcastle's attempts to sign the 23-year-old on loan, with Liverpool paying half the player's wages, just 18 months after selling him to Liverpool for £35m (Dh 204m) have received short shrift from Rodgers, who insists he does not want the player to head to the Sports Direct Arena.
"Newcastle got £35million for this player last year," he said."To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty. There is nothing more on it for me.
"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that it is it until January. I have got Luis Suarez, Fabio Borini and Andy Carroll.
"I would need to be a nutcase to even consider at this moment to let Andy Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that."
The Brazil international was a key part of the Italian side's Champions League win two years ago but now looks set to leave the San Siro following the arrival of Samir Handanovic from Udinese
Tottenham have been heavily linked with the 32-year-old but it is understood that QPR have opened talks with the goalkeeper over a move to the English Premier League.
The news comes just days after summer signing Rob Green's blunder set Swansea on course for a surprise 5-0 victory at QPR, sparking a step-up by manager Mark Hughes in the pursuit of reinforcements for his back line.
Ajax are to sign former Denmark international Christian Poulsen on a free transfer.
The 32-year-old midfielder was a free agent following his release by French side Evian at the end of last season and has agreed terms on a contract until June 30, 2014 subject to the successful completion of a medical.
Adrian Mutu looks set to complete his move to Ligue 1 side Ajaccio after negotiating his release from Serie B outfit Cesena.
The 33-year-old former Chelsea striker is expected to sign a two-year deal with the French club early next week.
"Cesena can confirm that Adrian Mutu's contract, which tied him to the Bianconera for two more years, has been terminated by mutual consent," the club said on its website.
The 25-year-old is set to undergo a medical today ahead of completing his move to the Stadium of Light.
The final deal could be worth up to £14m for the English Championship side if certain performance-related add-ons are reached.
Wolves are also considering a £10m bid from West Ham for their midfielder Matt Jarvis.
Denmark midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli is to join Celta Vigo from Brondby for around EU1m (Dh4.61m).
Krohn-Dehli had an unsuccessful two-year spell at Ajax six years ago, and Brondby sporting director Ole Bjur said the player had been keen to test himself overseas again.
"We as a club have tried to help him fulfil this wish if the right offer came along," he told the club's website.
Alessandro Diamanti has committed his future to Bologna by agreeing a new long-term contract.
The 29-year-old former West Ham striker has agreed to remain at the Stadio Renato Dall'Ara for the next five years.
A statement on the club's official website said: "Bologna have reached an agreement with Alessandro Diamanti to prolong his contract until June 30, 2017."
Diamanti, who fired seven goals for the Rossoblu last season, scored the winning penalty as Italy beat England 4-2 in a quarter-final shootout at this summer's European Championships.