The Brazilian playmaker Kaka has reportedly signed for the Spanish Giants Real Madrid from AC Milan in a ?65 million (Dh342m) deal according to reports in Spain. On the day that the midfielder, 27, had said to Italian press that he was not going to leave the San Siro, the Spanish radio station Cadena Ser claim that the new Real Madrid president Florentino Perez met with the AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani and Bosco Leite, father and agent of the 2007 world and European player of the year last night to strike a deal. The player is currently on international duty ahead of Brazil's World Cup qualifier with Uruguay. The radio station also said that the player has signed a five-year stay at the Bernabau on a salary worth nearly ?9m a year, AC Milan tonight denied that Galliani was negotiating the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid during a visit to Spain. A statement released on the club's official website insisted that Galliani had only travelled to Madrid to attend a dinner for Perez. The statement read: "The general manager of the Rosseneri, Adriano Galliani, is in the city of Madrid exclusively for the investiture dinner of Florentino Perez, the new president of Real Madrid." Earlier today Kaka claimed he wants to stay at the San Siro. "I'll say it for the last time. The last time. I don't want to leave Milan," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In this period I prefer to remain silent because I don't want to be misunderstood. Or, worse still, to be used. "To the millions of Milan supporters, I say that I have made my choice. I have said what I want to stay. "Leave me in peace, please." Since then he has been linked with a move to Madrid and speculation increased still further as the return of Perez ? who was in charge during the Spanish club's famous Galacticos era ? grew ever more likely. email@example.com *With agencies
- Treble dream still on for Al Ahli after they book League Cup final place
- Mourinho given his marching orders along with Willian and Ramires as Chelsea lost to Aston Villa
- Al Jazira coach Zenga praises his squad’s courage in League Cup fightback against Dhafra
- Sunderland and Crystal Palace draw 0-0 in ‘must-not-lose game’
- Silva service for Manchester City in 2-0 win over Hull
- Sherwood, England’s great managerial hope, needs a success v Arsenal
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Manchester defenders scapegoats or examples of poor strategy by football coaches?
- Liverpool ‘challenging the team at the the top, not Manchester United’ says Rodgers
- In pictures: 2014 Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
- ‘Convinced the team is ready, even without Ozil’ for Tottenham, says Arsenal’s Wenger
- Brownlee brothers win short course together at Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
In pictures: 2014 Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
Over 2,400 athletes, professional and amateur, took part in the 2014 edition of the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon.
Reluctant triathlete Butterfield is men’s winner
If there can be such a paradox as the slacker triathlete, then we might have seen him win the 2014 Abu Dhabi Ironman Triathlon on Saturday.
Southampton hold off late Norwich rally, Vital three points for Fulham
Sunderland and Crystal Palace was the only fixture that did not feature goals in an action-packed Saturday of Premier League football.
Storylines aplenty at Abu Dhabi Equestrian’s final meet of season
Several scenarios have come together to create excitement for the final meeting of the season at Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club on Sunday night.
Emirati ice hockey player aims to join world’s best in NHL
Khalifa Al Mahrouqi views the NHL star Sidney Crosby as his role model and hopes to be the Emirati player to take ice hockey to the next level.
UAE in upbeat mood ahead of IIHF Challenge Cup opener
Host nation open campaign against Kuwait on Sunday night