The Club World Cup began in Abu Dhabi on December 9. The eight games are split between the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium and Zayed Sports City. See the full fixture list below. Match 1: Al Ahli v Auckland City FC December 9, 8pm (all times UAE) Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium Match 2: TP Mazembe v FC Pohang Steelers December 11, 8pm Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium Match 3: Auckland City v Atlante FC December 12, 8pm Zayed Sports City Match 4: Pohang Steelers v Estudiantes de La Plata December 15, 8pm Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium Match 5: Atlante v FC Barcelona December 16, 8pm Zayed Sports City Match 6: TP Mazembe v Auckland City (Fifth place play-off) December 16, 5pm Zayed Sports City Match 7: Loser Match 4 v Loser Match 5 (Third place play-off) December 19, 5pm Zayed Sports City Match 8: Winner Match 4 v Winner Match 5 December 19, 8pm Zayed Sports City
- Hamburg the dinosaur’s time may be up in Bundesliga
- ‘Arsene Wenger gets unfair criticism’ says Hull City manager Steve Bruce
- Liverpool embark on title advance at Norwich City
- Atletico Madrid look to edge towards Primera Liga title before Chelsea visit
- In pictures: Best sports images from around the world, April 17
- ‘That’s why we are a top club’ says Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Amir Khan says bout with Luis Collazo ‘will steal the show’ in Las Vegas on May 3
- Carlos Tevez denies reports of rift with Lionel Messi keeping him out of Argentina squad
- In pictures: Shah Rukh Khan stars at IPL Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi
- Packed house gathers in Abu Dhabi for Indian Premier League opener
- New Southampton owner leading club’s resurgence from the shadows
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- Reduce speed limit buffer on UAE roads, experts urge
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
In pictures: IPL 7 action at Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Royal Challengers Bangalore’s power-hitters laid down a marker at the first opportunity in IPL 2014 as they cruised past a hapless Delhi Daredevils with eight wickets, 20 deliveries, and about three more gears to spare in front of a packed house at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Thursday, April 17, 2014.
‘That’s why we are a top club’ says Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech
Jose Mourinho’s men will temporarily claim the Premier League top spot if they beat Sunderland, leaving them in control of their own destiny in the title race ahead of a crucial trip to face Liverpool at Anfield on April 27.
Chris Burch to lead UAE’s charge against Singapore
he UAE’s bid to safeguard their place in the second tier of Asian rugby against Singapore next week will be piloted by a player who was contemplating retirement from the sport at this time last year.
In pictures: Day 3 of the Abu Dhabi World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Championship
All the action from Day 3 of the World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Championship at the First Gulf Bank Arena at Zayed Sport City in Abu Dhabi.
Atletico Madrid look to edge towards Primera Liga title before Chelsea visit
Diego Simeone's men need to win just four of their five remaining games to seal the Primera Liga championship and they take on Elche before the first leg of their Uefa Champions League semi-final against Chelsea on Tuesday.
Wasl will give Jorginho time but results in Arabian Gulf League are needed
Al Wasl officials said they will provide Jorginho, their new coach, sufficient time to change the club’s fortunes while also warning that his fate ultimately will depend on results.