DUBAI // Fabrizio Miccoli's talks with Al Nasr have been put on hold yet again as the Palermo striker makes another attempt at rapprochement with his Italian club.
Media reports in Italy on Sunday had claimed Miccoli was hours away from signing a deal with Nasr, but his agent, Francesco Caliandro, speaking to The National from Italy, said the negotiations have been put on hold.
"His transfer to Al Nasr is now on standby," said Caliandro, adding that they have reopened their stalled negotiations with Palermo following talks over the weekend. "The situation will become clearer over the next two or three days."
Officials from Nasr have consistently refused to comment on their talks with Miccoli, but media reports in Italy claimed the former Italy international had been offered a deal worth "three times more" than what he is getting at Palermo.
Miccoli, 33, has scored 66 goals in 136 appearances in five seasons with Palermo.
Miccoli has refused to talk about the issue of whether he wants to leave or not, but the Palermo fans have launched a campaign, urging him to stay.
Nasr's talks with another Italian, Novara's Giuseppe Mascara, also seem to have fizzled out.
"I do not know if my transfer will go through," the 32-year-old playmaker was quoted as saying on BlogSicilia.it.
"But I have met Zenga and talked with him."
Mascara had come to Dubai last month for his medicals, but returned home without signing a deal.
Sources at the club said Nasr had offered him a two-year deal, but the talks broke down over the player's "exaggerated" financial demands.
Follow us @SprtNationalUAE