Sachin Tendulkar is set to return to one-day cricket following a break of nearly 10 months after India announced a full-strength squad for the one-day international series against South Africa.
Tendulkar, 37, who completed 50 Test centuries at the weekend, played his last limited-overs match for India in February against the same opponents in Gwalior.
This is India's last international limited-overs assignment before the 2011 World Cup begins in February on the subcontinent.
The leg-spinner Piyush Chawla has been recalled to the 16-man squad, having last played an ODI in 2008.
India will play five one-day matches in South Africa starting on January 12 and their only Twenty20 match is scheduled for January 9.
Jacques Kallis, South Africa's star batsman, crashed his car into a gate in the early hours of yesterday but escaped unharmed, a team spokesman told AFP, denying that alcohol was involved.
Kallis, who scored his first Test double-century in a victory over India that finished on Monday, will not miss any matches as a result of the accident in Cape Town, said Michael Owen-Smith, a team spokesman.
"Alcohol was not an issue in [the crash]," Owen-Smith said.
"The police didn't feel there was a need for any breathalyser or any kind of blood test and so that's the end of the matter."
The second Test between South Africa and India starts on Sunday in Durban.
Meanwhile, Shane Shillingford, the West Indian off-spinner, has been suspended from bowling in international cricket because of an illegal action, the ICC, the sport's world governing body said yesterday. Shillingford, reported for a suspected action by match officials after the opening Test against Sri Lanka in Galle last month, can apply for reassessment of his action after he has modified it.