Ajmal Shahzad has been called up to England's one-day international squad for the series against Australia after Ryan Sidebottom was forced out with a hamstring injury. The Nottinghamshire bowler was injured during his county's win over Worcestershire on Sunday. Shahzad joins the England team ahead of the one-day game against Scotland on Saturday. The 24-year-old was initially left out of the squad last week when Tim Bresnan returned from a foot injury. Geoff Miller, England's National selector, said yesterday that he expected Sidebottom back quickly. "It's a shame Ryan has picked up this injury as he's been injury-free for some time now and bowling well. Thankfully it's a relatively minor injury," he said. Shahzad made his Test debut for England earlier this month, taking four wickets against Bangladesh. England's five-match series against Australia begins on June 22 at the Rose Bowl, Hampshire. * Agencies
- Aaqib wants UAE cricketers to enjoy the spotlight of World Twenty20
- ‘We need to prove to the world we are a better team,’ says Nepal cricket coach
- Australia’s Johnson ruled out of World T20 tournament
- In pictures: Meet the players of the UAE national cricket team
- Hafeez excited for Pakistan v India at World T20 but ‘we are not targeting just one team’
- Australia clinch series over South Africa to ring a bell for World Twenty20
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- ‘I don’t expect to be charged because I did nothing,’ Mourinho says
- In pictures: 2014 Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
- Sherwood, England’s great managerial hope, needs a success v Arsenal
- Rooney says Manchester United’s 3-0 loss to Liverpool ‘a nightmare’
- At pivotal moment, Liverpool and United meet on wildly divergent paths
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard spot on in 3-0 win against Manchester United
Two penalties from the Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and a Luis Suarez goal secured a famous win at Old Trafford as Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic was sent off for a fourth time in this fixture.
‘We need to prove to the world we are a better team,’ says Nepal cricket coach
The Himalayan nation were granted the chance to prove themselves to a wider audience after reaching Bangladesh via the qualifying event in the UAE at the end of last year.
Francois Botha and Danny Williams to headline second Thursday Night Fights
Botha (48-10) will draw hands with Williams (48-12) in a scheduled 10-round WPBF Inter-Continental heavyweight title fight as eight fights are on the card at the Emirates Gulf Club in Duabi on May 1.
Asia set to play large role at Dubai World Cup
Saeed bin Suroor and Godolphin provide four runners for home defence
‘I have wasted a lot of points in this race,’ Vettel says after Australian GP
The German four-time defending world champion, along with Mercedes’ 2008 winner Lewis Hamilton both only lasted a handful of laps in the season-opening race won by Nico Rosberg in a Mercedes.
‘This is not slit-your-wrist time,’ says 76ers coach after 20th straight NBA loss
Paul George scored 30 points and Indiana rallied from a 25-point second-quarter in a win, Joakim Noah had 23 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Bulls and John Wall helped rally the Wizards.