Kevin Pietersen has dramatically resigned from his position as England captain.His ongoing rift with the coach Peter Moores, who has also quit, leaves the squad in disarray with the tour to the West Indies just two weeks away.Andrew Strauss will lead the tour to the Caribbean but should he get the role permanently? Who do you think should be the next captain? Should their power be limited to prevent anything like this from happening again?
- UAE cricket generation’s gap to end, but lesson in history stays for amateurs
- Beating tough nuts Nepal raises UAE’s spirits ahead of World Twenty20
- World Twenty20: Lord’s 2009 shock loss for England can inspire UAE and minnows
- Video: Nepal aim to prove they belong at T20 World Cup
- Logistically and commercially, UAE was the preferred choice of several IPL teams
- Localising the game the next step for Emirates Cricket Board
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Rooney puts Liverpool as favourites at Manchester United’s Old Trafford base
- Arsenal lose Ozil and Ramsey’s comeback delayed for vital Spurs game at Tottenham
- Defending champion will be pushed by little brother
- Rodgers says long break from league play no worry for Liverpool
- Tottenham spent ‘two hours in a meeting’ after Chelsea debacle, says Sandro
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
Live blog: EAFL Desert Bowl II - Dubai Stallions v Abu Dhabi Wildcats
The Emirates American Football league will be playing its second Desert Bowl championship game at Dubai Sports City on Friday March 14, 2014 at 6 pm. Join us as we cover it live.
Oertel holds advantage on Al Muhairi ahead of Al Ain horse races
South African trainer has 38 winners, of which 31 are Purebred Arabians, and with plenty of races for the breed before the season ends, it would be hard for Musabah Al Muhairi to strike a blow, writes Amith Passela.
Benji Marshall’s code switch may be too much too late
Track record of players making move late in their career is not promising
Defending champion will be pushed by little brother
Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee, English heroes at the London Olympic Games, are cut from the same cloth, but with slightly different scissors and both will compete at the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon, writes Steve Elling.
Triathletes will strive to stay cool in Abu Dhabi this weekend
The record 2,400 competitors entered in Saturday’s Abu Dhabi International Triathlon should keep an eye on the unseasonably warm temperatures and bone-dry winds that arrived in the UAE this week, writes Steve Elling.
Hiring Pepe Mel proving to be costly mistake for West Bromwich Albion
'Soap opera' club so used to defying odds quickly falling off survival pace