RAS AL KHAIMAH // Civil Defence workers have recovered the body of a construction worker, 24 hours after a roof collapsed at a construction site in South Dhait yesterday. Seven other workers were trapped under the rubble, five of whom sustained minor injuries while two were admitted to hospital with moderate injuries, said Yousuf al Tair, the head of emergency at Saqr Hospital. Civil Defence reported that the roof collapsed because of insufficient support. The RAK Municipality has launched an investigation into the incident. Two days earlier, engineers from the RAK Municipality had declared the site safe in a routine inspection, Civil Defence said. The body of the deceased, a 32-year-old Egyptian carpenter, has been transferred to hospital for autopsy. email@example.com
- Louvre Abu Dhabi: From patch of sand to the outline of a masterpiece
- New visa rules for Emiratis travelling to Turkey
- Helicopter was ‘airworthy’ before it crashed at Dubai hotel, report finds
- Growing gap between education and market demand still a major concern, UAE forum told
- Low cost homes for Emiratis to be built in Sharjah
- Top British chef calls for more healthy eating classes in UAE
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Bold and Beautiful stars come out to play in the UAE
- Weather alert: dust cuts visibility on UAE roads, floods displace dozens of families
- Emirates flight to Dubai diverted to Iceland due to ‘technical issue’
- Woman covered in blood raises suspicions of Abu Dhabi resident
- Boss harassed female employee and called her names, Dubai court hears
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
Nokia Asha 503 review: Affordable but so slow and cumbersome
The Nokia 503 offers many of the main functions of a fancy smartphone and at just Dh349, however, it can be a frustrating experience.
Louvre Abu Dhabi: From patch of sand to the outline of a masterpiece
One year ago what will be the magnificent new Louvre Abu Dhabi museum was little more than a few steel rods and concrete stumps in the Saadiyat Island sand – but just look at it now.
Where to find Afghan restaurants in the UAE
To taste Afghan food, you have to be willing to search for it. Here's our lowdown on the cuisine's deep, complex flavours – and where to try it in the UAE.
Executive travel: Bliss en route to Boston with Emirates Airline business class
Emirates Airlines launched its first direct flight to Boston last week amid a flurry of media attention. So what is it really like to fly business class on the new route?
Pele clarifies position after Brazil protesters brand him ‘traitor of the century’
Pele has moved to clarify his stance on the demonstrations sweeping across Brazil after protesters in Rio de Janeiro last week called him the 'traitor of the century'.
Bold and Beautiful stars come out to play in the UAE
Bold, beautiful and, thanks to the UAE weather, probably soon to be bronzed, the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful have landed in the UAE ahead of filming for the popular, long-running television show.