The Abu Dhabi Government has announced on its website a list of public holidays for 2013.
Federal ministries, public departments and institutions will be closed on the following holidays:
• January 1, New Year's Day
• January 24, the Prophet's birthday
• June 6, Israa and Miraj night
• August 8, Eid Al Fitr
• October 14, Arafat Day
• October 15, Eid Al Adha
• November 4, Hijri New Year
• December 2 and 3, National Day
Dates for Islamic holidays are estimates, and the holidays, which are based on the phases of the moon, will be announced once the moon is sighted.