Abu Dhabi // From next week the price of a litre of benzene will increase by 20 fils at petrol stations nationwide. A statement issued today by distributing companies said the increase is part of liberalisation of prices and their gradual rise. "The announced rise comes within efforts to gradually mitigate accumulated and growing losses these companies are sustaining due to continuous surge in cost of the product,'' the statement added. The move follows a hike in the pump price of petrol by 11 per cent in April, a step towards a full liberalisation in the market for the most popular transport fuel, the Government said. The increase in prices marks a big change in policy for the Federal Government, which, until April, had capped domestic petrol prices at Dh1.37 per litre for special unleaded. * WAM
- Emirati man credits father for good driving habits
- Raising awareness of traffic safety in Northern Emirates
- Drivers and passengers asked to pledge commitment to road safety in the UAE
- Mafraq Hospital opens emergency maternity ward
- ‘Unique’ mobile number fetches nearly Dh8 million at UAE auction
- Grand Iman criticises UN at Abu Dhabi peace conference
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Couple arrested for murder of maid found dumped in UAE desert
- Girl killed trying to cross Sheikh Zayed Road towards Dubai
- First midwife in the UAE helped after delivery of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed
- Man admits hiding spy camera inside male toilet at mall in Dubai
- In pictures: Spectacular views of UAE from space
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- OSN blames rival for TV sport blackout in the UAE as fans will have to buy new set-top boxes
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
Skincare’s great secrets include placenta facials
Placenta (yes, you read that correctly) is proving to be the latest Hollywood beauty secret. Now, a clinic in Dubai is offering what claims to be an age-defying treatment.
In pictures: Top 10 most popular mobile handsets in the UAE
Here are the top 10 mobile handets in the UAE by specific model for the fourth quarter of 2013, according to the Telecommunications Regulation Authority.
How investigators unlock air crash secrets
The disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines 777 has left 239 passengers presumably dead. Thankfully, air tragedies are rare. Investigators face the task of finding out what happened to the aircraft, as they have done since the first major jet air crash in 1954.
Nowruz holiday highlights impact of sanctions on Iran
As Iranians prepare to usher in the New Year with traditional festivities, they are feeling the bite of tough economic sanctions imposed by the international community.
In pictures: 12 new restaurants to try in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
The National takes a look at 12 new restaurants that have recently opened up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Dh1bn Palm Jumeirah resort aims to 'Miami vibe' to Dubai
IFA Hotels and Resorts is to add 300 units to Palm Jumeirah’s west crescent with the project, known as The 8, featuring hotel apartments as well as residential apartments.