Police have rescued two young Iraqi sisters after they were snatched from near their home behind the Burj Dubai early yesterday. The Criminal Investigation Department at Dubai Police confirmed a man was being questioned. Police sources said the suspect was wearing traditional Arab dress when he took the sisters to the roof of the building they live in, close to the Burj Dubai development. They were found later by officers. It is not yet known whether the girls, aged four and 12, were harmed during their ordeal, although the man in custody claimed he did not hurt them, police said. The girls told officers that the man who took them spoke with an Egyptian accent, according to a spokesman for Dubai CID.
- First woman appointed to Abu Dhabi Executive Council
- Bridge to Dubai Bluewaters Island project approved
- Bill Clinton to speak at first New York University Abu Dhabi graduation
- Video: Fujairah’s Wadi Wurayah to become a national park
- Shortage of lacatation consultants in UAE hampers breastfeeding campaign
- Back-to-back pregnancies put UAE women’s health at risk
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms strike across the UAE
- Drunk British tourist ran about naked at Shoreline on Palm Jumeirah
- 13-year-old boy fends off older rivals to win Abu Dhabi Junior Triathlon
- American curriculum in the UAE will not help getting into US universities
- Man who touched woman ‘was trying to be nice’, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
The nine new weird and wonderful UAE workouts you have to try
Tired of your usual workout? Exercise needn’t be boring: we’ve picked out nine novel – and challenging – classes in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Saif Ali Khan pleads not guilty to assault
Plus: Hilton inaugurates Manila beach club; Rick Ross tops Billboard 200; Chris Brown arrested for parole violation; Keith Richards to publish children’s book; big renewal deal for Big Bang; and book of Oprah's columns to be published.
In pictures: New Lamborghini showroom opens in Abu Dhabi
Lamborghini launched its latest super car, the Huracán LP 610-4, in the Emirates at the opening of its new Abu Dhabi showroom on the Corniche.
Emirates Airline: A million passengers a week and flying higher
As Emirates adds its eighth American destination with a daily service to Boston, its president speaks about how the carrier manages its rapid growth and surging passenger totals and its plans for additional expansion.
In pictures: 2014 Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
Over 2,400 athletes, professional and amateur, took part in the 2014 edition of the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon.
Silva service for Manchester City in 2-0 win over Hull
Manchester City resumed their Premier League engagements after two weeks off with a narrow 2-0 win over Hull City, but striker Edin Dzeko says the team can ill-afford to be without captain Vincent Kompany in their title chase after the defender was sent off against the Tigers.