If you suspect chemicals have been sprayed at a neighbouring property:
1. Call 800 555 and the authorities will investigate.
2. Close your doors and windows to prevent pesticide vapour from entering your home.
3. Keep children well clear of any pesticide.
4. If there are any symptoms of poisoning, consult a doctor and bring the pesticide container if possible.
If chemicals are being sprayed in your home:
1. Cover all food, cooking utensils, toothbrushes, children's soft toys and other items that people or pets may put in their mouths.
2. Do not allow children to play in the vicinity of the pest-control application.
3. Keep family members and pets away from the building for between four and six hours, preferably overnight, or until any wet chemicals have dried.
4. On returning home, ensure fresh air is allowed to flow throughout the building. Ventilation is very important.
* Anwar Ahmad