DUBAI // Family members of a nine-year-old boy who died at the weekend in a possible food-poisoning incident will be discharged today.
Awad Firoz Khan, a child with special needs, was declared dead at Al Baraha Hospital on Saturday.
His father said the boy's mother and 15-year-old brother will be "discharged today".
"We are well now and are waiting to see the doctors," Mr Khan said, speaking from the hospital. "We will be on antibiotics for a week and will have to come back for a check up."
The Indian family of four, who live in Al Muteena, was admitted on Saturday morning after complaining of nausea, dizziness and vomiting. Mr Khan said Awad was a special-needs child who was studying at Al Noor Training Centre. He died after being taken to hospital.
The family said they had eaten at a popular chicken restaurant the previous day, along with other relatives.
But Mr Khan also said that pesticides sprayed at a neighbour's house could have triggered their illnesses. Dubai Municipality is expected to release a report today on the cause of the boy's death and the family's condition.