ABU DHABI // A further 31 patients are being treated in UAE hospitals for swine flu, the Ministry of Health said yesterday. The announcement came as the ministry said it was planning to issue a mandatory national emergency blueprint for dealing with the virus. Two months since the first case of the H1N1 virus was diagnosed in the Emirates, the total number of people affected or having recovered stands at 110.
In its first weekly update on the country's H1N1 cases, the ministry confirmed that, as well as the 31 people who remained in hospitals across the country - all of whom were in a stable condition - 79 people had been discharged from hospital after recovering from the virus. Last week, the higher supervisory committee on H1N1 instructed the ministry to publish an update every Monday and to proceed with its health awareness plans.
The World Health Organisation's latest report, dated July 6, lists 429 deaths out of more than 94,000 confirmed H1N1 cases worldwide. email@example.com