Neopharma, an Abu Dhabi-based pharmaceuticals manufacturer, has received clearance from the Ministry of Health for its antiviral medication Oseltamivir BR Flu. The drug has the potential to prevent and treat H1N1 flu in the region. Dr B.R. Shetty, the managing director and CEO of Neophama said: "We are confident the approval for Oseltamivir will significantly facilitate medical professionals and the wider community to effectively tackle the lethal H1N1 virus in the region." Oseltamivir has been produced through a joint venture with Hetero Drugs Ltd and is the first in a series of drugs the company plans to produce during the next few years in the region. Set up in October 2003, Neopharma manufactures a wide range of products including antibiotics, analgesics, respiratory medicines, antihistamines, as well as medications for cardiovascular conditions and diabetes.
- Dubai passes new law protecting rights of those with special needs
- Life-saving foundation born out of a tragedy
- Maids arrested after death of newborn baby in Khor Fakkan
- Nearly 200 Sharjah workers tested positive for diseases including HIV-Aids last year
- Plan to raise retirement age in UAE as health care service improves
- Mafraq Hospital opens emergency maternity ward
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Days are numbered for radar dodgers in Abu Dhabi
- Skeleton of 155 million-year-old dinosaur finds new home in Dubai Mall
- Six years after Fog Tuesday, fog lights should be mandatory, UAE experts say
- Hollywood film Noah will not be shown in the UAE
- ‘Crocodile’ in the garden alarms girl who calls Abu Dhabi police
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- OSN blames rival for TV sport blackout in the UAE as fans will have to buy new set-top boxes
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
Sarah Geronimo bringing her Perfect 10 concert to Abu Dhabi
Sarah Geronimo, the Filipina superstar, is bringing her Perfect 10 concert to the du Forum on Yas Island.
Dh1 billion Falcon Island takes flight under solar power in Ras Al Khaimah
All of the electricity for homes, street lighting, water desalination and cooling will be generated on the island, which will feature 150 luxury villas and mansions with private beaches.
Best photography from around the world today
The National View's photo editors pick the best images of the day from around the world.
In pictures: India’s health and fitness guru Mickey Mehta
Mickey Mehta, whose client list reads like a who’s who of India’s elite, describes himself as a “holistic health guru” and “a life coach and philosopher”.
Fast & Furious’s Don Omar talks about the late Paul Walker
The Puerto Rican singer Don Omar opens up about the death of his friend, Paul Walker, and his performance at the Dubai Music Awards later this year.
Nemanja Matic is making most of second go with Chelsea
Chelsea's new midfield lynchpin is thriving on his return to Stamford Bridge. Having re-signed for Jose Mourinho's side in January, Matic has become an ever-present as Chelsea have moved to the top of the English Premier League.