AJMAN // An Indian woman was badly burnt when her gas cylinder exploded while she was cooking at her home in Nuaimiya today.
The explosion happened at about midday.
The victim's family called police who transported her to Sheikh Khalifa Hospital.
Dr Abdul Karim al Halimi, the director of Emergency Department at the hospital, said the woman had sustained severe wounds to different parts of her body and was still being treated. Police are investigating the accident and have warned residents not to buy old gas cylinders.