Emirates Post has honoured Ignatius Anthony Antao, a sorter at the Ramoul Postal Sorting Centre, for his honesty in handing over cash he found worth US$4,500 (Dh16,500), according to the state news agency WAM. The money was found in an unaddressed envelope during routine mail sorting and was handed in by Mr Antao, WAM reported on Thursday. Ibrahim Bin Karam, CEO of Emirates Post, presented a certificate of appreciation and a gift to Mr Antao at a function held at the Emirates Post head office in Dubai recently. "We are pleased to publicly recognise this act of honesty and hope it will inspire other employees to always keep moral principles and integrity in mind, irrespective of their position or rank," said Bin Karam. "We are happy to express our high regard for Ignatius, who despite his humble situation, showed exemplary behaviour by handing over the open envelope to his manager." * WAM
- UAE women in leadership is ‘example for the West’
- UAE quinoa crops yield promising harvests
- Spat over mobile phone light led to labourer’s death, Dubai court told
- First aid training for Abu Dhabi Municipality staff
- ‘There is hope and I have a future’, says recovering alcoholic in UAE
- Cervical cancer screening can save your life
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Mers: WHO confirms 2 new cases in UAE
- Abu Dhabi airport expansion, new roads and new homes in Dh37.3 billion capital projects
- UAE authorities dispute UN statistics that UAE has highest murder rate in GCC
- Pair accused of rape and molestation of French teenager in Dubai
- ‘Mother and cat to blame’ for balcony hashish plants, man tells Dubai court
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
- FNC member says unmarried UAE women creating ‘financial burden’
Best photography from around the world, April 21
The National View's photo editors pick the best images of the day from around the world.
Bloom Properties starts work on Al Bateen Waterfront project
The development will feature 225 residential apartments of one to four bedrooms, a 200-room five-star hotel with 57 serviced apartments, and a 3,000 square metre retail space
Manchester United require ‘radical surgery’ from top to bottom
'Moyes is not a bad manager ... However, he is doing a spectacularly bad job at United' writes Richard Jolly of Manchester United, arguing wholesale changes at the club are now necessary.
In pictures: Where Abu Dhabi rents have risen and fallen, Q1 2014
Find out how rental prices in the prime locations in Abu Dhabi have altered during the first three months of the year and the current rates you will pay according to data provided by Asteco.
Meet the pop star who is key to China’s superpower ambitions
Before Beijing can achieve its ambitions to be a superpower it will need to become a respected soft power. That's where Jia Ruhan comes in.
Fast & Furious in Abu Dhabi, a social media frenzy
Fast & Furious 7 wraps up an eventful and much-anticipated week of filming in the capital. Let's take a look at what went on via the key players' social media, while they were enjoying the delights of the desert.