Emirates Post has honoured Ignatius Anthony Antao, a sorter at the Ramoul Postal Sorting Centre, for his honesty in handing over cash he found worth US$4,500 (Dh16,500), according to the state news agency WAM. The money was found in an unaddressed envelope during routine mail sorting and was handed in by Mr Antao, WAM reported on Thursday. Ibrahim Bin Karam, CEO of Emirates Post, presented a certificate of appreciation and a gift to Mr Antao at a function held at the Emirates Post head office in Dubai recently. "We are pleased to publicly recognise this act of honesty and hope it will inspire other employees to always keep moral principles and integrity in mind, irrespective of their position or rank," said Bin Karam. "We are happy to express our high regard for Ignatius, who despite his humble situation, showed exemplary behaviour by handing over the open envelope to his manager." * WAM
- In pictures: El Sisi in Abu Dhabi for joint military exercises
- Egypt’s El Sisi arrives in Abu Dhabi to participate in joint military exercises
- Abu Dhabi Awards honour seven outstanding community members
- ‘Dubainosaur’ one of the suggested names for Dubai Mall’s new dinosaur skeleton
- Bollywood craze grows ever stronger with audiences in the Middle East
- Building raised kerbs will help reduce crashes at junctions, Abu Dhabi police engineer says
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Days are numbered for radar dodgers in Abu Dhabi
- Skeleton of 155 million-year-old dinosaur finds new home in Dubai Mall
- Six years after Fog Tuesday, fog lights should be mandatory, UAE experts say
- Hollywood film Noah will not be shown in the UAE
- ‘Crocodile’ in the garden alarms girl who calls Abu Dhabi police
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- OSN blames rival for TV sport blackout in the UAE as fans will have to buy new set-top boxes
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
Sarah Geronimo bringing her Perfect 10 concert to Abu Dhabi
Sarah Geronimo, the Filipina superstar, is bringing her Perfect 10 concert to the du Forum on Yas Island.
Dh1 billion Falcon Island takes flight under solar power in Ras Al Khaimah
All of the electricity for homes, street lighting, water desalination and cooling will be generated on the island, which will feature 150 luxury villas and mansions with private beaches.
Who’s sitting in that aircraft seat?
Interpol reckon up to 40 million lost or stolen passports and identity papers are scattered over the world. Yet many countries do not follow the UAE’s lead and make regular checks on Interpol’s database, making it easy for the fake papers to be used globally.
In pictures: India’s health and fitness guru Mickey Mehta
Mickey Mehta, whose client list reads like a who’s who of India’s elite, describes himself as a “holistic health guru” and “a life coach and philosopher”.
Fast & Furious’s Don Omar talks about the late Paul Walker
The Puerto Rican singer Don Omar opens up about the death of his friend, Paul Walker, and his performance at the Dubai Music Awards later this year.
Best photography from around the world today
The National View's photo editors pick the best images of the day from around the world.