DUBAI // Four men accused of stealing almost Dh5 million in cash from the son of a money exchange's owner have been referred to the Criminal Court.
The chief prosecutor, Mohammed Hasan Abdul Rahim, said one of the four worked with the son.
He said that on August 22 last year the man accompanied the son as he drove to a shop in Murshid Souq, to which he was taking Dh4.9m.
The other three accused cut off the car then broke into the vehicle, threatening the son with a knife and taping his mouth.
They sprayed him with a substance that knocked him unconscious.
"This was all done in cooperation with the fourth defendant, who was in the car with the victim," Mr Abdul Rahim said.
He added that the spray was used so the son would not know his friend was in on the crime.
They planned the robbery and even what to do with the stolen money once they had it," Mr Abdul Rahim said.
He called on the public to be more cautious when transferring large sums of money.