FUJAIRAH // An Arab national has been stabbed to death in the Madhiba area of Fujairah after a disagreement with an Emirati friend at a local wedding. The deceased, identified as A M M, 28, was taken to Fujairah hospital on Wednesday night, a few hours after the wedding, by a passerby who found him bleeding on the roadside. He died on arrival at the hospital and administrators there called police, according to Col Hamid Mohammed al Yamahi, the director general of Fujairah Police criminal investigations department. Police have arrested H D M, 22, who was with the deceased at the wedding and had quarrelled with him, said Col al Yamahi. The suspect has confessed to the crime and the case has been referred to Fujairah Public Prosecution on charges of murder. H D M faces the death penalty if convicted according to federal law. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drunk woman fought with ambulance staff at Dubai hotel
- Drunk British tourist ran about naked at Shoreline on Palm Jumeirah
- Man who touched woman ‘was trying to be nice’, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Father discovered flatmate’s sexual assault on daughter from her phone call to friend
- Construction worker denies street gambling, Dubai court hears
- Men deny robbing and assaulting cook during lift to Metro station, Dubai court hears
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- 13-year-old boy fends off older rivals to win Abu Dhabi Junior Triathlon
- NYU Abu Dhabi student reaches out to young entrepreneurs via online magazine
- Bill Clinton to speak at first New York University Abu Dhabi graduation
- A splash of colour: Thousands celebrate Holi in Dubai
- In pictures: Thousands celebrate Holi in Dubai
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
The nine new weird and wonderful UAE workouts you have to try
Tired of your usual workout? Exercise needn’t be boring: we’ve picked out nine novel – and challenging – classes in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Saif Ali Khan pleads not guilty to assault
Plus: Hilton inaugurates Manila beach club; Rick Ross tops Billboard 200; Chris Brown arrested for parole violation; Keith Richards to publish children’s book; big renewal deal for Big Bang; and book of Oprah's columns to be published.
In pictures: New Lamborghini showroom opens in Abu Dhabi
Lamborghini launched its latest super car, the Huracán LP 610-4, in the Emirates at the opening of its new Abu Dhabi showroom on the Corniche.
Emirates Airline: A million passengers a week and flying higher
As Emirates adds its eighth American destination with a daily service to Boston, its president speaks about how the carrier manages its rapid growth and surging passenger totals and its plans for additional expansion.
In pictures: 2014 Abu Dhabi International Triathlon
Over 2,400 athletes, professional and amateur, took part in the 2014 edition of the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon.
Silva service for Manchester City in 2-0 win over Hull
Manchester City resumed their Premier League engagements after two weeks off with a narrow 2-0 win over Hull City, but striker Edin Dzeko says the team can ill-afford to be without captain Vincent Kompany in their title chase after the defender was sent off against the Tigers.