John Dykes and Mark Pougatch were today named as two of the faces of Abu Dhabi Media Company's live English-language Barclays Premier League programming on AD Sports 5 and 6. Liverpool legend Ian Rush, former England and Liverpool midfielder Steve McManaman and France and Chelsea star Marcel Desailly will kick off the Arabic programming on AD Sports channels 3 and 4 in a season preview special on August 13th. Mohammed Najeeb, Director of AD Sports Channels, said: "The line-up of Barclays Premier League programming and the talent that we are bringing to the AD Sports Channels are unlike anything seen before in this region. We are raising the standard for both Arabic and English audiences, and offering more than just games and analysis. He added: "Our viewers will have access to some of the world's best loved presenting and commentary talent, as well as a host of football legends both past and present, who will add to the analysis and debate as the season unfolds. We are proud to be able to name such a prestigious line-up of talent for our shows. If the football was not enough to keep people watching, then the talent alone certainly will be." * The National
- Fujairah officially opens Dh300m Al Sharq Hospital
- UAE rumours of thunderstorms and hailstones ‘baseless’, says weather bureau
- Pele clarifies position after Brazil protesters brand him ‘traitor of the century’
- UAE Cabinet approves tough new law on food safety
- Bold and Beautiful stars come out to play in the UAE
- Weather alert: dust cuts visibility on UAE roads, floods displace dozens of families
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
Bold and Beautiful stars come out to play in the UAE
Bold, beautiful and, thanks to the UAE weather, probably soon to be bronzed, the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful have landed in the UAE ahead of filming for the popular, long-running television show.
Iraqi Kurdistan an attraction for tourists amid regional unrest
The Kurdistan Regional Government aims to develop local tourism in an effort to diversify its economy away from oil and natural gas.
Where to find Afghan restaurants in the UAE
To taste Afghan food, you have to be willing to search for it. Here's our lowdown on the cuisine's deep, complex flavours – and where to try it in the UAE.
Executive travel: Bliss en route to Boston with Emirates Airline business class
Emirates Airlines launched its first direct flight to Boston last week amid a flurry of media attention. So what is it really like to fly business class on the new route?
In pictures: Meet the players of the UAE national cricket team
Ahead of their opener against the Netherlands, Paul Radley profiles the 15 players who will be representing the UAE national cricket team at the ICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.
Welcome to the punch: Afghanistan’s female boxers
Afghan female boxers practice at the Kabul Stadium boxing club. The women, who are 18 and older, don’t have much more than determination, and a trainer who runs them through their paces.