John Dykes and Mark Pougatch were today named as two of the faces of Abu Dhabi Media Company's live English-language Barclays Premier League programming on AD Sports 5 and 6. Liverpool legend Ian Rush, former England and Liverpool midfielder Steve McManaman and France and Chelsea star Marcel Desailly will kick off the Arabic programming on AD Sports channels 3 and 4 in a season preview special on August 13th. Mohammed Najeeb, Director of AD Sports Channels, said: "The line-up of Barclays Premier League programming and the talent that we are bringing to the AD Sports Channels are unlike anything seen before in this region. We are raising the standard for both Arabic and English audiences, and offering more than just games and analysis. He added: "Our viewers will have access to some of the world's best loved presenting and commentary talent, as well as a host of football legends both past and present, who will add to the analysis and debate as the season unfolds. We are proud to be able to name such a prestigious line-up of talent for our shows. If the football was not enough to keep people watching, then the talent alone certainly will be." * The National
- Twin attacks on Emiratis prompt UK police to caution London visitors
- Abu Dhabi Harlequins raise funds for rugby teammate with spinal injuries
- 1001 Inventions: in praise of Islam’s gifts to the world
- Indecent act in Dubai caught by security camera
- Big TVs and big deals on offer at Gitex Shopper in Dubai
- Zayed Housing scheme helps 476 Emiratis
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Gang of masked robbers attack another UAE family in London
- Planning a wedding? Get hitched on Burj Al Arab’s helipad in Dubai
- UAE couple tell of ordeal at hands of armed gang in London attack
- London police looking for ‘number of suspects’ in second attack on UAE family
- UAE deports woman who had abortion overseas
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
- FNC member says unmarried UAE women creating ‘financial burden’
Best photography from around the world April 23
The National View's photo editors pick the best of the day from around the world
1001 Inventions: in praise of Islam’s gifts to the world
Down the centuries, from camera obscura to designing a sail that allowed early seafarers to tack into the wind, Muslim scientists have made many significant contributions to science. Rym Ghazal and Asmaa Al Hameli visit an exhibition in Sharjah that celebrates those contributions
Earn cash back with the IPL cricket in the UAE
Dunia finance promotion allows cricket lovers to earn up to 6 per cent unlimited cash back on any spending they make on a day when an IPL match is played in the UAE.
‘Now the game of our lives is at Stamford Bridge’ says Mourinho after Chelsea, Atletico draw
After Tuesday's scoreless draw, Jose Mourinho revealed Petr Cech's season was over and John Terry was also done unless they could reach the Champions League final.
In pictures: the UAE Innovation Challenge 2014
The engineering competition brought together almost 100 students from across the country competing in teams to build the best unmanned aircraft.
Giggs a better fit for Manchester United than Moyes
The winger, who has played 962 games for the club, has been placed in interim charge of the first team and will be assisted by his former Manchester United teammate Nicky Butt.