The body of a two-year-old boy who died of suspected food poisoning in Sharjah on Saturday morning will be taken to India in a day or two, his family has said.
Kevin Jinesh Mavara and his father, Jinesh Abraham Mavara, fell sick on Thursday evening shortly after a meal of chicken and rice. "They were taken to hospital but the boy could not survive. The father is recovering and is at home," Regi George, a relative, said.
"We are waiting for the postmortem report to find out the exact cause of the death," he said.
Mr Mavara's wife, Priya, who works as a nurse at the Royal Hospital in Sharjah, was on duty on Thursday evening and did not eat with her family.
Mr Mavara, who works as a supervisor in Aries Marine Engineering Services, and Mrs Mavara have lived in the UAE for three years. Kevin was their only son.