Sharjah officials have seized 581 violators of the entry and residency laws in raids over the last month and a half. From June 1 to July 23, the Sharjah Naturalisation and Residency Department, seized 581 people: 115 from the private sector, 126 housemaids and 142 who entered into the country with visit visas, two who entered with mission visas and 13 who were under sponsorship. The move is in line with the instructions of the Minister of interior Sheikh Saif bin Zayed, to combat the problem of visa violators.
Col Dr Abdullah bin Sahoo, the director general of the Sharjah Naturalisation and Residency Department said "the ministry endeavours to ensure security and stability in the line with the security strategy outlined by the ministry of Interior". Last month, Sharjah officials announced that visa applicants would have to register their addresses as a new strategy to keep track of all visitors. Officials said the emirate would conduct checks to ensure that people were not living in the emirate once their visa expired.