We love a timeless look, especially when it gets a modern twist. Kirsten Dunst gives her tresses an old Hollywood feel with pinned-back fringe and soft waves framing her face. The hairdresser Sacha Mitic of Sachajuan professional haircare products shares his secrets on how to recreate the look.
1. Wash your hair with Normal Hair Shampoo and Conditioner. For fine or sensitive locks, try using the Volume range to create fullness and to maximise body.
2. Towel-dry your hair, then use a medium-hold hair mousse to help tame strands before blow-drying. Tip: apply the product when the hair is damp, but not too wet.
3. For hair that is thick and/or wavy to curly, apply a small amount of Straight Out Gel to create less frizz.
4. Just before blow-drying, apply Root Lift Spray into the roots.
5. Blow-dry your hair in sections around three inches (7.5 centimetres) thick with a medium round brush, drying towards the front of your face to create soft waves. Direct the nozzle of the hair dryer downwards against the hair (to close the cuticle and aid shine). If you find blow-drying tricky, let the hair fully dry and smooth out as much as possible by sectioning the hair, and use large rollers to help create the waves.
6. Take a section of the fringe and sweep to the side, fixing it to the head with a kirby grip.
7. If you are looking to create more volume at the roots and achieve more texture, try a little Volume Powder on the roots to stabilise volume, especially in the crown area.
The full range of Sachajuan professional haircare products are available at Bloomingdale's, Dubai