ENGLAND // For less the amount of his fine, the speedy Swedish driver could have purchased a Formula One-style track day car from Lotus. Known as the T125, the racer is an open-wheel, single-seat racer powered by a 631hp Cosworth V8 engine and will cost around Dh3.5 million. It is for circuit use only, thereby avoiding any costly penalties for moving violations. Only 25 cars will be built - with the first 10 slated for delivery in April 2011 - and each owner will be able to join a unique Lotus Exos club, which will allow them to sample a taster of the Formula One experience. Special events will be held at circuits throughout Europe and owners will receive training from top level drivers like Jarno Trulli. They will also meet with mechanics, fitness trainers, nutrition experts and engineers for advice. The fitness and nutrition experts are to get the lucky drivers in shape as they can expect four gs, or four times their body weight, while they are cornering. Lotus spokesman Kevin Smith describes membership as "the closest experience possible to living the life of an F1 star."
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- The nine new weird and wonderful UAE workouts you have to try
- Where to find Afghan restaurants in the UAE
- Experiencing the real Dubai: a new guide that goes beyond the glitz and glamour
- In pictures: the UAE’s Afghani restaurants
- Dubai-based entrepreneur tells how Spirit of Arabia takes online shopping to a whole new dimension
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
The new trend of dining with strangers in the UAE
There is a new trend popping up in the UAE where strangers who have never met get together for meetup dinners.
An ancient encore: Technicolor display of beauty returns to Wadi Shahah basin
Ample rains have lured a rare and spectacular bloom back to the Wadi Shahah basin -- opulent displays of rich colours that are thousands of years old.
Under the knife: meet the UAE’s first cosmetic surgery consultancy
Considering plastic surgery? A new consultancy in Dubai is offering prospective patients objective information, and helps them choose the right doctor for the procedure they seek.
In pictures: 12 new restaurants to try in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
The National takes a look at 12 new restaurants that have recently opened up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
When Muslims are faced with haram foods
Should the Muslim contestants on the popular TV series MasterChef Australia be made to cook with pork and alcohol? We talk to the show's female contestants Amina Elshafei and Samira El Khafir.
In pictures: The creation of a Chanel dress
Selina Denman goes behind the scenes to see how a Chanel dress is transformed from a designer's vision to the runway.