DUBAI // Bonhams' sixth auction in Dubai will be the first time it is selling classic cars at the One & Only Royal Mirage hotel on October 11. Matthew Girling, the Bonhams chief executive Europe and Middle East, commented: "Following the phenomenal success of our earlier auctions in the Middle East, it has become apparent that the region is ready for greater exposure to world-class art and collectables, and the addition of motorcars and watches demonstrates our commitment to the region and our belief in the long term prospects for a thriving art market in Dubai." BMW has consigned two cars, a white BMW 3.0 CSL and a BMW M1, from its museum reserve collection for the sale. This is the first time that cars have ever become available from the official factory collection. Other cars also consigned for the sale include a 1993 Italdesign Aztec Barchetta and the extraordinary one of a kind 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Shooting Brake. The auction will also feature around 50 vintage and limited eddition watches, including a Breitling Bentley and a Richard Mille, Felipe Massa edition titanium chronograph.
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- The nine new weird and wonderful UAE workouts you have to try
- Where to find Afghan restaurants in the UAE
- Experiencing the real Dubai: a new guide that goes beyond the glitz and glamour
- Dubai-based entrepreneur tells how Spirit of Arabia takes online shopping to a whole new dimension
- In pictures: the UAE’s Afghani restaurants
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
- Dubai launches mobile app to faciliate parking and payment
The new trend of dining with strangers in the UAE
There is a new trend popping up in the UAE where strangers who have never met get together for meetup dinners.
An ancient encore: Technicolor display of beauty returns to Wadi Shahah basin
Ample rains have lured a rare and spectacular bloom back to the Wadi Shahah basin -- opulent displays of rich colours that are thousands of years old.
Under the knife: meet the UAE’s first cosmetic surgery consultancy
Considering plastic surgery? A new consultancy in Dubai is offering prospective patients objective information, and helps them choose the right doctor for the procedure they seek.
In pictures: 12 new restaurants to try in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
The National takes a look at 12 new restaurants that have recently opened up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
When Muslims are faced with haram foods
Should the Muslim contestants on the popular TV series MasterChef Australia be made to cook with pork and alcohol? We talk to the show's female contestants Amina Elshafei and Samira El Khafir.
In pictures: The creation of a Chanel dress
Selina Denman goes behind the scenes to see how a Chanel dress is transformed from a designer's vision to the runway.