● "Hello beautiful world. I would like to thank all my followers. We have passed the million mark! Wow! We're going to keep on winning." The Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez on passing the million-follower mark. November 1.
● "Wow. Just saw the first episode of The Walking Dead. An ace job by Frank Darabont, Greg Nicotero and the team." AMC's new zombie series gets the seal of approval from the Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright. October 31.
● "Bye bye." Stephen Fry, a sensitive sort, announces his retirement from Twitter following a difficult week, the second time he's thrown his toys out of the social messaging pram. We think he might be back. October 31.
● "This Halloween, I've hired Larry King to sit in a rocking chair on my front porch." That's kind of mean, Conan O'Brien, October 30.
● "The Berlin wall. I'm def gettin up on this before we leave tonight!!!" The Gym Class Heroes lead Travie McCoy before spraying the historic wall with graffiti while on tour in the German capital. October 29.
● "Told you!!! Had to do it, blame it on the devil, everyone else does!" Travie McCoy an hour later, with photos attached, cleverly indicating his guilt to the Berlin police, who subsequently arrested him. October 29.