1. See the exhibition Hung From the Moon. The Emirati artist Farah Al Qasimi presents a photographic exploration of the accidental and mundane in this documentation of autobiographies that form as we inhabit a space and turn it into a home. From 10am until midnight, The Pavilion, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, 04 447 7025, www.pavilion.ae
2. Sign up to attend Phone-ography 101, a course in which three of the region’s leading phone-ographers will share insights into their shooting and in-phone image editing techniques as well as tips on how to share your images and maximise likes and followers. May 25, from 5pm to 7pm, Gulf Photo Plus, Dh55, Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz, Dubai, www.gulfphotoplus.com, 04 380 8545
3. Join the Eton Institute for a memorable Spanish cultural evening recreating and celebrating the famous Feira de Abril festival of Andalusia, with flamenco dancing, food, language and more. From 7pm to 8.30pm, Eton Institute, Dubai, register at www.plus.eton.ac, www.eton.ac, 800 3866
4. Head to the Hard Rock Cafe Dubai tonight to celebrate its first anniversary with great deals on food and beverages and three local acts, including Darren Constable, Smooth Criminals and Flames Re-ignited. Free entry, from 7pm, Festival Centre, Dubai, 04 232 8900, www.hardrockdubai.ae
5. Get your tickets to see Love, Loss and What I Wore tonight at Ductac. Back by popular demand, see four intimate performances of the comic play written by the late Nora Ephron. Starts at 8pm, from Dh100, Kilachand Studio Theatre, Ductac, Mall of the Emirates, 04 341 4777, www.ductac.org
To find out more about events taking place in the UAE see our listings page: http://www.thenational.ae/events
Follow us @LifeNationalUAE
Follow us on Facebook for discussions, entertainment, reviews, wellness and news.