The best place to learn about online bidding for jewellery and watches is Bonhams' website. This lavish, easy-to-navigate portal comprises full e-catalogues of forthcoming sales and a simple step-by-step guide that takes you through the process of buying and selling, from start to finish, including information on the sort of charges and commission you can expect to pay. There's also a calender of upcoming valuation events and galleries of future auction highlights. Full catalogues are published on the site four weeks in advance of the sale. Notable watches and jewellery sales this autumn include: September 24, 20042 Salon Jewellery (Los Angeles); October 15, 20058 Fine Jewellery (New York); November 20, 19808 Watches and Wristwatches (London) and November 23, 20368 Modern Wristwatches (Hong Kong).
- Fashion notes: With age comes some wisdom about make-up
- Trend: Life on Mars with space-inspired metallic shades
- My Luxury Life: Madame Laudomia Pucci
- The Decoder: Reinast toothbrush for Dh16,129
- A Conversation with Farida Khelfa, the brand ambassador for the House of Schiaparelli
- The Black Book: This month’s names of note
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- In pictures: 12 new restaurants to try in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- I don’t know much about public art but I know what I like
- Five Things to Do Today: See works by the Greek artist Takis Moraitis that are inspired by the Ionian Islands and Cyclades
- Skincare’s great secrets include placenta facials
- Hair-warming tales with Charbel
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- OSN blames rival for TV sport blackout in the UAE as fans will have to buy new set-top boxes
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
The new trend of dining with strangers in the UAE
There is a new trend popping up in the UAE where strangers who have never met get together for meetup dinners.
An ancient encore: Technicolor display of beauty returns to Wadi Shahah basin
Ample rains have lured a rare and spectacular bloom back to the Wadi Shahah basin -- opulent displays of rich colours that are thousands of years old.
Under the knife: meet the UAE’s first cosmetic surgery consultancy
Considering plastic surgery? A new consultancy in Dubai is offering prospective patients objective information, and helps them choose the right doctor for the procedure they seek.
In pictures: 12 new restaurants to try in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
The National takes a look at 12 new restaurants that have recently opened up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
You might not know his name, but you’ll definitely know Mourad Boutros’s work
Master typographer and calligrapher Mourad Boutros, who is responsible for Expo 2020's logo, will discuss the ways type aids communication across cultures.
In pictures: The creation of a Chanel dress
Selina Denman goes behind the scenes to see how a Chanel dress is transformed from a designer's vision to the runway.