Imagenation Abu Dhabi has partnered with the Abu Dhabi Film Commission to launch a new internship program aimed at developing local film talent in the UAE. The scheme, known as Mawaheb, which is Arabic for "talent", will offer Emirati students interested in filmmaking the opportuniy to take up internships in joint venture offices in Los Angeles and New York City or placements on the film sets of productions across the United States and India, WAM reported. "The key to developing a sustainable film industry in the UAE is to nurture our homegrown talent," said Mohamed Khalaf al Mazrouei, the chairman of Imagenation Abu Dhabi. "Our hope is that ... we can identify high-potential talent that can play a role in the future of film in this region." Imagenation last month unveiled a number of Emirati film projects to be developed, financed and produced by the company, which is part of Abu Dhabi Media Company, the publisher of The National. The first film, Sea Shadow, was announced at the Cannes Film Festival and will begin shooting in the UAE later this year, with all six projects to be developed over the course of two years. Production companies including Participant Media, National Geographic Films and Hyde Park Entertainment, are supporting the internship scheme, WAM reported.
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Landlord wants Palm Jumeirah tenants paying 50% below market rate to leave
- Dubai in talks over India hub at DWC, says Emirates Airline president
- US Customs post in Dubai could create challenges for carriers, Emirates Airline chief says
- In pictures: Emirates’ inaugural non-stop flights to Boston
- Enrique Iglesias wows crowd at launch of Emirates’ direct flights to Boston
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Federal Traffic Council approves proposal to lower UAE driving age
- Men ripped off woman’s clothes in bathroom, Abu Dhabi court hears
- Ties no longer mandatory for Dubai cabbies amid safety concerns
- OSN blames rival for TV sport blackout in the UAE as fans will have to buy new set-top boxes
- Live blog: With the emergency workers at Rashid Hospital Trauma Centre
In pictures: Sony launches Xperia Z2 in Dubai
Sony on Wednesday night, March 12, launched its new flagship phone that it hopes will enable it to become the top three smartphone retailer in the region. The Sony Xperia Z2 is priced at Dh2,649 and will be available in April.
Enrique Iglesias wows crowd at launch of Emirates Airline’s direct flights to Boston
The best-selling artist charmed guests during the gala dinner at Boston’s historic Wang, belting out classics ‘Hero’ and ‘Be With You’.
In pictures: Crashing Ford cars to make them safer on the road
It takes high-tech computing power, dummies fitted with up to $700,000 in sensors and about 600 full-scale crash tests a year to ensure Ford vehicles meet global safety standards.
Falcon Island launched in Ras Al Khaimah
All of the electricity for homes, street lighting, water desalination and cooling will be generated on the island, which will feature 150 luxury villas and mansions with private beaches.
Rates report: Latest on UAE loans, accounts and credit cards
Souqamal.com brings you the latest interest rates on banking products in the UAE.