A partnership between a Sharjah and a Russian energy firm to drill onshore for gas in the emirate was launched today. The Crescent Petroleum Company and the stated-owned Russian firm Rosneft have placed an exploratory well in Madam Al Nad, an area of 1,243 square kilometres. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah, was present at a ceremony to mark the start of the project along with Igor Sechin, Russia's deputy prime minister and chairman of Rosneft. Sheikh Sultan said he was pleased at the choice of Rosneft and the project was an indication of the growing importance of Sharjah in the energy industry. Mr Sechin expressed his pleasure to witness the beginning of the collaboration between two countries from two major regions for oil and gas production. *WAM
- Australia hopes to lure Emirati students to its institutions while selling uranium to the UAE
- Struggle to attract young Emiratis to offshore careers
- Taqa starts injecting natural gas at Dutch storage facility
- UAE support for oil price as demand picks up
- In pictures: Cyprus hopes for some windy weather
- India’s energy elephant only beginning to rumble
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- In pictures: Al Maryah Island rises in Abu Dhabi
- A cool Dubai penthouse treat at 1,000 feet, yours for Dh25 million
- ‘In banking, go big or go home’, says ADIB chief behind turnaround
- What to consider when spending Dh6m on a luxury Dubai apartment
- Dubai on housing building spree in ‘secondary locations’, CBRE says
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- Reduce speed limit buffer on UAE roads, experts urge
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
In pictures: Where Dubai rents have risen and fallen, Q1 2014
Find out how rental prices in the prime locations in Dubai have altered during the first three months of the year and the current rates you will pay according to data provided by Asteco.
In pictures: Penthouse flat is height of Dubai luxury living
A five-bedroom penthouse in Ocean Heights in Dubai Marina is on sale for Dh25 million and comes with a private pool and an unparalleled view of Dubai.
In pictures: Best business images for the week to April 17, 2014
Here are some of the best business images for the week to April 17, 2014.
In pictures: Shopper’s delight at Crawford Market in Mumbai
Crawford Market is an old British-style covered market dealing in just about every kind of fresh food and domestic animal imaginable. Later on renamed Mahatma Jotirao Phule, the market remains popular among locals and visitors by its old name, taken from Arthur Crawford who was the first municipal commissioner of the city.
April corporate and economic calendar for the UAE and overseas
From Cityscape to Wetex to stock-market holidays to nations reporting first-quarter GDP figures, here is our helpful calendar of April's business events in the UAE and internationally.
Rates report: Latest on UAE loans, accounts and credit cards
Souqamal.com brings you the latest interest rates on banking products in the UAE.