Nasser al Shaikh, the chairman of Deyaar Development, has submitted his resignation to the company's board of directors, Deyaar said in a statement this morning. The move comes just weeks after Mr al Shaikh was replaced as director general of the Dubai Department of Finance, where he was overseeing the distribution of funds to companies struggling to pay debts and finance operations in the wake of the global financial crisis. Government officials gave no reason for his replacement at the time, nor did Deyaar executives yesterday after announcing his intention to resign. Deyaar said its board of directors would "convene shortly to consider ratification" of his resignation. Mr al Shaikh is also listed as chairman of Amlak Finance and vice chairman of the National Bonds Corporation. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manchester United-Emirates NBD savings account with interest rate linked to goals scored
- ‘In banking, go big or go home’, says ADIB chief behind turnaround
- In pictures: ADIB’s goal to be role model of Islamic banking
- Sharjah Islamic Bank first-quarter profit up 30% to Dh110 million
- NBF Capital sets up shop in DIFC
- Dubai-based Abraaj acquires stake in chocolate maker Kool Food
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- Easy off-plan payment plans spark fears of another Dubai property bubble
- Aldar chairman: stable Abu Dhabi economy driving property sector
- In it for the long haul: flying 16 hours with Emirates to LA
- Happiness in the sand dunes at Qasr Al Sarab
- Tourism chiefs hope Nu Skin event will lure more Chinese visitors to UAE
- Most Viewed
- Most Commented
- History shines light on the true borders of Palestine
- Reduce speed limit buffer on UAE roads, experts urge
- American ‘has UAE Embassy documents’ to back up medicinal marijuana claim
- Nakheel to sell plots for hotels and resorts on Dubai’s Deira Islands
- UAE’s healthcare system must grant equitable access to all
In pictures: Where Dubai rents have risen and fallen, Q1 2014
Find out how rental prices in the prime locations in Dubai have altered during the first three months of the year and the current rates you will pay according to data provided by Asteco.
In pictures: Penthouse flat is height of Dubai luxury living
A five-bedroom penthouse in Ocean Heights in Dubai Marina is on sale for Dh25 million and comes with a private pool and an unparalleled view of Dubai.
In pictures: Best business images for the week to April 17, 2014
Here are some of the best business images for the week to April 17, 2014.
In pictures: A decade since the European Union went east
May 1 will mark 10 years since the European Union expanded east, taking in countries like Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic states as new members. And though the border region between Germany and Poland is flourishing with trade and cultural exchange, the open border has also brought a sharp rise in crime.
April corporate and economic calendar for the UAE and overseas
From Cityscape to Wetex to stock-market holidays to nations reporting first-quarter GDP figures, here is our helpful calendar of April's business events in the UAE and internationally.
Rates report: Latest on UAE loans, accounts and credit cards
Souqamal.com brings you the latest interest rates on banking products in the UAE.