Learn how to become a curator
Anna Seaman | February 2, 2014
Always wondered about getting to grips with the art of curating? Well, perhaps your chance has arrived. Next week, Meem Gallery in Dubai will offer a three-day course in the subject in partnership with the Chelsea College of Art and Design in London.
From February 11th to 13th the gallery will host the short course for the first time in the UAE. The course will cover the history of curating, the tools curators require and utilise to ensure success, as well as valuable information for budding and established curators.
The tutors for the course will be Hana Noorali and Lynton Talbot who are both graduates from the college and who also co-founded project space RUN, for emerging artists in London.
On completion of the course students will have an understanding of the role of the curator within the context of the contemporary art world.
There are 12 places on the course and if you require more information about enrolling or general enquires contact the gallery on 04 347 7883.
* Full course info to be found here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/chelsea/courses/short-courses/middle-east/curating-contemporary-art/
- Emirati artist’s love of UAE royals led her to create almost 1,000 portraits
- World history told in 100 ways to come to UAE
- In pictures: Gustav Klimt light exhibit in France
- Classical guitar star Miloš Karadaglic is full of pluck
- In pictures: Hindu epic Ramayana goes online
- Take a proper gander at the art and power of propaganda