Learn how to become a curator
Anna Seaman | February 2, 2014
Always wondered about getting to grips with the art of curating? Well, perhaps your chance has arrived. Next week, Meem Gallery in Dubai will offer a three-day course in the subject in partnership with the Chelsea College of Art and Design in London.
From February 11th to 13th the gallery will host the short course for the first time in the UAE. The course will cover the history of curating, the tools curators require and utilise to ensure success, as well as valuable information for budding and established curators.
The tutors for the course will be Hana Noorali and Lynton Talbot who are both graduates from the college and who also co-founded project space RUN, for emerging artists in London.
On completion of the course students will have an understanding of the role of the curator within the context of the contemporary art world.
There are 12 places on the course and if you require more information about enrolling or general enquires contact the gallery on 04 347 7883.
* Full course info to be found here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/chelsea/courses/short-courses/middle-east/curating-contemporary-art/
- More than 50 artists at Sikka Art Fair
- Sheikha Hoor chosen for the curator position of next year’s Venice Biennale
- Art Dubai’s Marker segment spotlights the stretch from the Caucasus to South-east Asia
- 5 things to Do Today: enjoy a live action show for the family
- Sharjah March Meeting this weekend
- Mohammed Kazem has produced a brand-new work for the Abu Dhabi Festival