Art Dubai announces full programme for 2014 edition
Anna Seaman | February 12, 2014
As ever, Dubai's annual art fair looks set to be a jam-packed four days of art, education, prizes and intellectual conversation.
The full programme for the eighth edition was announced today with even more galleries, a fascinating Marker section and several new aspects including a live radio station.For the first time, the 85 participating galleries from 34 countries will be presented in three distinct categories: Contemporary; Modern and Marker, the curated section of invited art spaces and galleries focusing in 2014 on Central Asia and the Caucasus.
Art Dubai is held under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Dubai, is run in partnership with The Abraaj Group and is sponsored by Cartier and Emaar. Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) is the strategic partner of Art Dubai and supports the fair's year-round education program
* Art Dubai will be held in the Madinat Jumeirah from March 19-22.
- Kuwait artist Shurooq Amin: ‘I’m holding up a mirror to society’
- Sophia Al-Maria’s failed film project has morphed into an art exhibition
- Five things to do today: attend the Shopping Soiree at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and catch the opening of the exhibition Fluid Forms
- Sonic boom: Tashkeel’s sound artists are all ears