Art Dubai announces full programme for 2014 edition
Anna Seaman | February 12, 2014
As ever, Dubai's annual art fair looks set to be a jam-packed four days of art, education, prizes and intellectual conversation.
The full programme for the eighth edition was announced today with even more galleries, a fascinating Marker section and several new aspects including a live radio station.For the first time, the 85 participating galleries from 34 countries will be presented in three distinct categories: Contemporary; Modern and Marker, the curated section of invited art spaces and galleries focusing in 2014 on Central Asia and the Caucasus.
Art Dubai is held under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Dubai, is run in partnership with The Abraaj Group and is sponsored by Cartier and Emaar. Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) is the strategic partner of Art Dubai and supports the fair's year-round education program
* Art Dubai will be held in the Madinat Jumeirah from March 19-22.
- Top shows on the calendar for the Abu Dhabi summer
- Emirati artist Zeinab Alhashemi combines her experience in graphic design with her love for art
- Timeless words in stainless steel creation by Emirati artist Mattar Bin Lahej
- Five things to do today: enjoy suhoor at Burger Joint NY UAE and play HintHunt with friends
- A History of the World in 100 Objects: Victorian tea set
- In pictures: Mattar Bin Lahej’s steel sculpture at Dubai Mall