You Are Beautiful: A tribute to women
Anna Seaman | November 30, 2013
A selection of leading artists from Pakistan have come together for a group exhibition in Dubai to raise money for educating underprivileged girls in their home country.
You Are Beautiful is a tribute to women from all walks of life, explains the curator Ayesha Imtiaz. She selected 30 paintings that reflect a woman's beauty on the outside as well as their inner beauty and strength of character.
One of the artists, Tabinda Chinoy, will paint live at the event next weekend and her painting will be auctioned at the end of the three-day show.
Other artists include Meher Afroz, Shammi Ahmed, Naheed Raza, Hajra Mansur, Mona Naqsh and Riffat Alvi. Imtiaz has also included a selection of new and emerging Pakistani talents such as Noreen Akhtar, who recently had her work displayed in Dubai in an Al Quoz gallery.
You Are Beautiful will take place at The Designer's Gallery in Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai next Saturday. A percentage of sale proceeds will go towards promoting education for girls in underprivileged areas in Pakistan as well as all proceeds from the auction.
* For further information contact The Designers Gallery at 050-7958363, 04-4213418 OR Ayesha Imtiaz at 050-4216601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Idina Menzel’s If/Then off to a strong start
- Gravity’s Mark Sanger talks Oscar win in Dubai
- Art Dubai’s Marker segment spolights the stretch from the Caucasus to South East Asia
- Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid to headline Dubai’s SundanceLIVE
- Sheikha Hoor chosen for the curator position of next year’s Venice Biennale
- Jeff Dunham brings Achmed to Abu Dhabi