We're off to see the wizard...
Alex Ritman | July 24, 2012
Many moons ago (ok, about a year and half) we published a story about the numerous Wizard of Oz films that would be flying our way – on the backs of flying monkeys, naturally – at some time in the near future. Well, we’ve just seen some pictures from one of the bigger productions, Oz the Great and Powerful, and they’re rather good.
Due out March next year, OTGAP (not sure if they’ve adopted this acronym but let’s get the ball rolling) is set before the antics of Dorothy’s sparkling ruby slipper or annoyingly inquisitive dog, and focuses on how a “small-time circus magician with dubious ethics” (played by James Franco) became the big wizard with the booming voice in the Emerald City.
Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams also star as three witches, one who may or may not eventually turn green and grow winged chimps and another who may or may not have a house fall on their heads.
- Vishal and Shekhar’s new film Happy New Year ties in with the duo’s 15-year partnership as music directors in Bollywood
- Zumba founder in Abu Dhabi for fitness party
- Brad Pitt talks about his role in Fury and how it has made him a better father
- A chat with Hollywood producer Edward Pressman who’s being honoured with Career Achievement Award at ADFF 2014
- Film review: Fury
- In conversation with Pakistani actor and director Shaan Shahid