We're off to see the wizard...
Alex Ritman | July 24, 2012
Many moons ago (ok, about a year and half) we published a story about the numerous Wizard of Oz films that would be flying our way – on the backs of flying monkeys, naturally – at some time in the near future. Well, we’ve just seen some pictures from one of the bigger productions, Oz the Great and Powerful, and they’re rather good.
Due out March next year, OTGAP (not sure if they’ve adopted this acronym but let’s get the ball rolling) is set before the antics of Dorothy’s sparkling ruby slipper or annoyingly inquisitive dog, and focuses on how a “small-time circus magician with dubious ethics” (played by James Franco) became the big wizard with the booming voice in the Emerald City.
Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams also star as three witches, one who may or may not eventually turn green and grow winged chimps and another who may or may not have a house fall on their heads.
- Five things to do today: enjoy the sumptuous iftar at Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah’s Mezzerie
- Cookapp looks beyond restaurants to connect chefs with diners
- Tommy Ramone of punk band Ramones dies
- Wanted: your stories of UAE’s World Cup moments for Image Nation documentary
- Observing Life: The truth about how food looks, what you get and how it tastes
- Stellar staycation packages, starting with Dubai’s Ottoman-inspired Jumeirah Zabeel Saray hotel