US Embassy boosts UAE relations through music
Mai El Shoush | September 23, 2012
As part of a mission to promote US-UAE mutual understanding, the award-winning Trio Chicago & Friends will be performing in the Emirates this week. A special invite-only performance will also be hosted by the US Ambassador to the UAE, Michael H Corbin, today during An Evening of American Music to also mark the Embassy's new season of programmes.
The five-member group, specialising in jazz, blues, American folk and classics, will travel to various locations as part of a cultural outreach tour sponsored by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
Since the mid 1990s, Trio Chicago & Friends have promoted cultural understanding through music and discussions around the world, for which they received wide recognition including a letter of appreciation and support from the US president Barack Obama while he was a US senator, in 2006.
The UAE tour will also include performances in the Capital's New York and Zayed Universities, and in Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and The Western Region, until Thursday.
- Five things to do today: visit Vogue Fitness at Yas Marina and see the exhibition Geometric Aljamia: A Visual Transliteration
- Dubai-based filmmaker Clyde DeSouza sets the pace for virtual reality movies
- Shock tactics: Electric workout craze hits Dubai
- The highs and lows of United Nations of Comedy II
- Priyanka Chopra talks about capturing the moxie of the Indian boxer in the biopic Mary Kom
- Ex-007 Brosnan back as spy in new action thriller The November Man