The Score Classical, to close season with Indian classical music
Mai El Shoush | May 9, 2013
The Score Classical 2013, is closing its season of international classical concerts and outreach programmes, with a night of Indian Indian classical music, as the world renowned “master” of Sarod, Amjad Ali Khan takes to the Madinat Theatre stage in Dubai.
The Sarod, is one of the most popular traditional instruments of Northern India, and Khan, son of legendary musician Haafiz Ali Khan, will be performing alongside his sons Amaan Ali and Ayaan Ali (pictured) in an intimate setting on 28 May.
In 2009, Amjad Ali Khan was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Traditional World Music Album category for the album 'Ancient Sounds' and on the ninth anniversary of 9/11, gave a Peace Concert at the United Nations in New York, in the presence of the UN Secretary General Ban-Ki-Moon.
Concert starts at 7:45pm. Tickets cost between Dh125 - Dh350 at www.madinattheatre.com, www.timeoutickets.com, www.groupon.ae
- Bumblefoot talks heavy metal and hot sauce
- The road to recovery: a first-hand account of beating chronic fatigue syndrome
- The women’s majlis: Eid is the happiest of family times
- Drew Barrymore’s half-sister found dead
- Road test: 2014 Jaguar XJR
- The cars are the stars at Los Angeles’s Petersen Automotive Museum