The Score Classical, to close season with Indian classical music
Mai El Shoush | May 9, 2013
The Score Classical 2013, is closing its season of international classical concerts and outreach programmes, with a night of Indian Indian classical music, as the world renowned “master” of Sarod, Amjad Ali Khan takes to the Madinat Theatre stage in Dubai.
The Sarod, is one of the most popular traditional instruments of Northern India, and Khan, son of legendary musician Haafiz Ali Khan, will be performing alongside his sons Amaan Ali and Ayaan Ali (pictured) in an intimate setting on 28 May.
In 2009, Amjad Ali Khan was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Traditional World Music Album category for the album 'Ancient Sounds' and on the ninth anniversary of 9/11, gave a Peace Concert at the United Nations in New York, in the presence of the UN Secretary General Ban-Ki-Moon.
Concert starts at 7:45pm. Tickets cost between Dh125 - Dh350 at www.madinattheatre.com, www.timeoutickets.com, www.groupon.ae
- 5 things to do today: auction for classic Gibson guitars
- UAE autism documentary, As One, to premiere at ADFF 2014 on Saturday
- Rudimental headline Yas Viceroy Formula 1 afterparties
- ADFF 2014 to showcase prize-winning movies from world over
- Why Ali F Mostafa’s ADFF 2014 opening movie, From A to B, is a landmark for Emirati film
- UAE comedian Nitin Mirani Funniest Person in the World competition interview