The Score Classical, to close season with Indian classical music
Mai El Shoush | May 9, 2013
The Score Classical 2013, is closing its season of international classical concerts and outreach programmes, with a night of Indian Indian classical music, as the world renowned “master” of Sarod, Amjad Ali Khan takes to the Madinat Theatre stage in Dubai.
The Sarod, is one of the most popular traditional instruments of Northern India, and Khan, son of legendary musician Haafiz Ali Khan, will be performing alongside his sons Amaan Ali and Ayaan Ali (pictured) in an intimate setting on 28 May.
In 2009, Amjad Ali Khan was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Traditional World Music Album category for the album 'Ancient Sounds' and on the ninth anniversary of 9/11, gave a Peace Concert at the United Nations in New York, in the presence of the UN Secretary General Ban-Ki-Moon.
Concert starts at 7:45pm. Tickets cost between Dh125 - Dh350 at www.madinattheatre.com, www.timeoutickets.com, www.groupon.ae
- 5 things to do today: check out the exhibition The Ultimate City or take advantage of the Party Season Package at The Cure
- Abu Dhabi F1: Exclusive Take 5 with Estelle
- Mixtape Rewind headliner Peter Andre comes off as a natural entertainer in Dubai show
- A chat with Salma Hayek and the creative minds behind Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet ahead of its Middle East debut
- Dan Stevens talks films, his decision to quit Downton Abbey and supporting children’s charity Sentebale
- Jason Derulo makes triumphant UAE return at Beats on The Beach