The Score Classical, to close season with Indian classical music
Mai El Shoush | May 9, 2013
The Score Classical 2013, is closing its season of international classical concerts and outreach programmes, with a night of Indian Indian classical music, as the world renowned “master” of Sarod, Amjad Ali Khan takes to the Madinat Theatre stage in Dubai.
The Sarod, is one of the most popular traditional instruments of Northern India, and Khan, son of legendary musician Haafiz Ali Khan, will be performing alongside his sons Amaan Ali and Ayaan Ali (pictured) in an intimate setting on 28 May.
In 2009, Amjad Ali Khan was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Traditional World Music Album category for the album 'Ancient Sounds' and on the ninth anniversary of 9/11, gave a Peace Concert at the United Nations in New York, in the presence of the UN Secretary General Ban-Ki-Moon.
Concert starts at 7:45pm. Tickets cost between Dh125 - Dh350 at www.madinattheatre.com, www.timeoutickets.com, www.groupon.ae
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: award-winning Cannes director wants to meet regional filmmakers; The worst football team in the world; Nujoom Al Ganem wants international audience; Magical Girl is not for the fainthearted
- Mansour and the Superheroes to take to the ice this winter
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2014: Festival volunteer turns star; how to get Johnny Knoxville into your short film; From A to B sells out
- ADFF buzz: Celebrities and Cuban rhythms at Emirates Palaces opening night party
- ADFF buzz: Stylish crowd celebrates opening night in Emirates Palace’s graceful garden
- Of Many is an inspiring movie that shows religious tolerance in practice
- Celebrating unity: a UAE-made documentary on religious understanding is making waves in the wider world
- Super Lochal: giving birth to a film superheroine in Abu Dhabi
- Bowls, plates and tulips: artists remember Iran’s stolen youth
- 5 things to do today: visit a exhibition and relax at ESPA
- Emirates Opera Project prepares to launch its new season