The Pavilion Downtown Dubai is set to close
Anna Seaman | October 11, 2013
It is confirmed, the rumours are true. The Pavilion Downtown Dubai will be closing to make way for Emaar to showcase the new design district on the Boulevard.
The Pavilion is one of Dubai's only communal artistic spaces. It houses a screening room, two galleries, a library and a popular restaurant. It is the meeting place of choice for many in the industry and it's closure will come as a disappointment.
Before it was founded, The Pavilion was Emaar's showroom for the new Downtown District and now, it seems, it is reverting to that use to showcase Emaar’s newest developments, including The Opera District and its various components.
Statements to this effect have been posted on The Pavilion's social media outlets with a closing message saying: "We’d like to extend our warmest wishes and thanks to all who have come through our doors over the years."
Bye Bye Pavilion. We will miss you
- The Emirati filmmaker Sara Alagroobi on ADFF red carpet - video
- Proud moment in UAE cinema as Ali F Mostafa’s From A to B opens ADFF
- Film review: Happy New Year
- Director Hassan Kiyany on his movie, Marwan the Boxer - video
- Remastered version of Mary Poppins to show at ADFF 2014
- Making originality the talk of the town in Dubai