The Pavilion Downtown Dubai is set to close
Anna Seaman | October 11, 2013
It is confirmed, the rumours are true. The Pavilion Downtown Dubai will be closing to make way for Emaar to showcase the new design district on the Boulevard.
The Pavilion is one of Dubai's only communal artistic spaces. It houses a screening room, two galleries, a library and a popular restaurant. It is the meeting place of choice for many in the industry and it's closure will come as a disappointment.
Before it was founded, The Pavilion was Emaar's showroom for the new Downtown District and now, it seems, it is reverting to that use to showcase Emaar’s newest developments, including The Opera District and its various components.
Statements to this effect have been posted on The Pavilion's social media outlets with a closing message saying: "We’d like to extend our warmest wishes and thanks to all who have come through our doors over the years."
Bye Bye Pavilion. We will miss you
- 5 things to do today: order a golden roasted turkey and head to Kris Kros with your Movember ‘tache
- Dubai’s Just White Dental Clinic offers short-term orthodontics
- 11 of the best musical moments during the F1 weekend
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee
- Nespresso’s guide to cooking with coffee beyond desserts
- Twinings still making tea history 300 years on