The Pavilion Downtown Dubai is set to close
Anna Seaman | October 11, 2013
It is confirmed, the rumours are true. The Pavilion Downtown Dubai will be closing to make way for Emaar to showcase the new design district on the Boulevard.
The Pavilion is one of Dubai's only communal artistic spaces. It houses a screening room, two galleries, a library and a popular restaurant. It is the meeting place of choice for many in the industry and it's closure will come as a disappointment.
Before it was founded, The Pavilion was Emaar's showroom for the new Downtown District and now, it seems, it is reverting to that use to showcase Emaar’s newest developments, including The Opera District and its various components.
Statements to this effect have been posted on The Pavilion's social media outlets with a closing message saying: "We’d like to extend our warmest wishes and thanks to all who have come through our doors over the years."
Bye Bye Pavilion. We will miss you
- Album review: The Cambodian Space Project – Whisky Cambodia
- London exhibition explores 100 years of Russian colour photography and its highly politicized usage
- Egyptian historical drama is newest television hit
- Alan Warner novel Their Lips Talk of Mischief, set in 1980s London, features tense love triangle
- Give you walls the wow factor with paints, papers and more
- Howard Jacobson’s new novel is an Orwellian cautionary tale