The Pavilion Downtown Dubai is set to close
Anna Seaman | October 11, 2013
It is confirmed, the rumours are true. The Pavilion Downtown Dubai will be closing to make way for Emaar to showcase the new design district on the Boulevard.
The Pavilion is one of Dubai's only communal artistic spaces. It houses a screening room, two galleries, a library and a popular restaurant. It is the meeting place of choice for many in the industry and it's closure will come as a disappointment.
Before it was founded, The Pavilion was Emaar's showroom for the new Downtown District and now, it seems, it is reverting to that use to showcase Emaar’s newest developments, including The Opera District and its various components.
Statements to this effect have been posted on The Pavilion's social media outlets with a closing message saying: "We’d like to extend our warmest wishes and thanks to all who have come through our doors over the years."
Bye Bye Pavilion. We will miss you
- Art Dubai announces line-up for 2015 fair
- Sanjeev Kapoor opens Signature, his first restaurant in Abu Dhabi
- Chicane to mix beats at Zero Gravity
- Legendary Lebanese actress and singer Sabah dies at the age of 87
- Birdman leads Independent Spirit Award nominees
- Dubai International Film Festival 2014 announces full line-up