The Only Way is Essex in Dubai
Felicity Campbell | April 9, 2013
Stuart Wilson Stringer
This Friday will see Joey Essex of the hit UK reality TV series The Only Way is Essex (Towie) hosting a The Only Way is Essex beach party at Nasimi.
Accompanying him, will be fellow Towie star Lauren Pope, who will hit the stage to perform a DJ set.
One has to question how Pope will handle a set at a venue that has catered to, and a crowd that has enjoyed, DJ legends such as Paul Van Dyk, Armand Van Helden, and supported the edginess of Zane Lowe.
Not to mention our Dubai residents Smokingroove and David Craig. Tough acts to follow. My guess is she will either play it safe or the fall out will be something to witness indeed.
But the real question is, what is it that keeps members of Towie returning to the UAE's fair shores?
Last year saw Manchester United star Tom Cleverly bringing his Towie star girlfriend Georgina Dorsett over for a visit; New Year's saw Towie's former bad boy Mark Wright hosting a New Year's party at Atlantis (I saw him there, he was having a whale of a time); while only last week we witnessed Essex proposing to Sam Faiers at an undisclosed poolside location in Dubai.
Essex performed the proposal sporting a pair of white shorts so teensy, they not only pushed the boundaries of decency, decency packed his bags and headed for Sharjah where he would never have to see a pair of shorts again.
Perhaps it's because rumours are afoot that our sparkly city could soon provide the backdrop to a Towie movie?
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Pink Floyd to release new album
- Video game Valiant Hearts set in wartime, no killing required
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Portrait artist Edward Sutcliffe wins the BP Travel Award by London’s National Portrait Gallery
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm