Summer is over; the galleries are open
Anna Seaman | September 9, 2013
Itís been a long hot summer and tonight, as all the galleries on Alserkal Avenue fling their doors open for their season openers, it is officially over.
†Over the course of a week there are almost 20 exhibition openings across Dubai and Abu Dhabi and half of them are in Alserkal Avenue. From the much lauded Rawiya: She Who Tells a Story at Gulf Photo Plus to the all Emirati group show at FN Designs and the German photographer Christian Voightís solo show at Salsali Private Museum (SPM) there is a large contingent of photography in the galleries this week. But thatís not forgetting a healthy portion of contemporary and conceptual art including the first show in the Middle East from the Korean artist Jung Lee at Green Art Gallery and Palestinian multi-media artist Larissa Sansour.
Make sure to keep checking our blog later today for interviews with them.
Dine with Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan in Dubai
- Brand New Heavies to play Barasti
- Ladies night every Thursday at Yas Waterworld
- Lloyd, Bobby V and Jeremih and Neverdogs to perform live at Atelier M official launch party
- Indian choreographer Raghav Juyal to perform at Abu Dhabi Electronics Shopper
- Video: Winfrey announces speaking tour, Crowe premieres ‘Noah’
- Thirty minutes of ‘Spider-Man 2’ shown at CinemaCon
- Snooki’s New Jersey wedding might be aired on MTV
- Ask Ali: explaining mandi and visiting Mecca
- Bollywood comedian Vir Das to debut History of India – VIRitten in Dubai
- Miloš Karadaglic makes magic during Abu Dhabi Festival debut