Summer is over; the galleries are open
Anna Seaman | September 9, 2013
Itís been a long hot summer and tonight, as all the galleries on Alserkal Avenue fling their doors open for their season openers, it is officially over.
†Over the course of a week there are almost 20 exhibition openings across Dubai and Abu Dhabi and half of them are in Alserkal Avenue. From the much lauded Rawiya: She Who Tells a Story at Gulf Photo Plus to the all Emirati group show at FN Designs and the German photographer Christian Voightís solo show at Salsali Private Museum (SPM) there is a large contingent of photography in the galleries this week. But thatís not forgetting a healthy portion of contemporary and conceptual art including the first show in the Middle East from the Korean artist Jung Lee at Green Art Gallery and Palestinian multi-media artist Larissa Sansour.
Make sure to keep checking our blog later today for interviews with them.
- Emmy nominations announced
- Wildcat Currency by Edward Castronova is about real-world currencies versus virtual money
- Ask Ali: Is it business as usual during the Holy Month? And what are the best way of handling customers’ complaints here in the UAE?
- Seeing the light: what the new energy-efficient bulbs mean for customers – and the planet
- The women’s majlis: Fulfilment is a step out from the crowd
- In pictures: Two-bedroom apartment on Reem Island