Standing ovation at Madinat Jumeirah
Rebecca McLaughlin-Duane | September 16, 2012
If you didnít get the chance to see Beatles tribute band, The Fab Four when they played at Dubai's Souk Madinat Jumeirah earlier this month Ė then you missed a spectacular performance. A sight seldom seen inside regional theatre houses, the actís energy and charisma combined with the stunning musical back catalogue of the 1960s group and was more than enough to bring the sell-out crowd to its feet night after night.The coming weeks promise more theatrical treats from Jumeirah, as morning and matinee performances of the fairytale Pinocchio will run from September 19-22, with tickets priced at Dh140.
Whereas October heralds the arrival of Kalubela, a singing, dancing, aerial-acrobatic extravaganza, staged in association with The Fridge. Get your tickets early to avoid disappointment as the show, which features songs from bygone greats such as Eartha Kitt and Etta James, is sure to sell out fast. Performances will run from October 3-6 at 19:00 and on October 4 & 5 at 20:00, with tickets costing Dh195.
For more information call The First Group Theatre Box Office on +97143666546 or visit www.madinattheatre.com
- In pictures: Beyonce and Jay Z launch worldwide tour
- Cake Boss shaken but not deterred after being stranded in fog
- Tracy Morgan files lawsuit against Wal-Mart
- Art summer series: Palestinian artist Hazem Harb leads nomadic existence
- In pictures: Chester Beatty’s A to Z in Dublin
- Married Life: Ramadan with a toddler is the hardest one yet